thanks for the info

You're welcome. I hope you have the success that I did. I know how impossible it seems to quit.

Try to let me know how it works for you. I would love to hear that someone else was able to get their life back on track.

good stuff bro..yur right

thats very common for what your taking. Try to use less. That is an aweful lot of oxycontin. too much in my opinion. I too am an accident survivor with multipule surgeries. I found weening down on oxycodone a good way to get off the addiction. Sweating is a way your body is telling you your taking too much, You might be allergic as well. PLZ try to ween down, it will take its toll on you physically if you do not. Many have died from it.

it works but Methadone is also if not more so addicting than any other opiate. and the withdrawal is far far worse and longer because it gets into your bone marrow. Please try to ween yourself down a little at a time till you bearly take any at all. you will find the symptoms easier to deal with. it may take a month or so but if you gradually take less your body won't go through the withdrawal till you stop completely and then because your taking so little ( 1/4 pill a day) it will ease your symptoms.
I sympothize cause I had to deal with the same issues. but it will work and keep a happy mindset too. know that what your doing is saving your life. stay busy even if you feel weak, and you probably will once you stop completely. GOD bless.

Last dose on Tuesday 8am 30mg opana. 3p 16mg dilaudid 8p 30 mg morphine IR and ER. Wednesday around 4p took 8mg of subs. Tired irratated...mean as hell. So hate myself for hollering at my kids. Its not their fault I'm an addict. When I had my twins pills made me feel like super mom. Cook clean and take care of all my kids, work, and home just by a pill. If I knew years later the price I would pay I wouldn't have touched it. Anyway Thurs I took half a subs, since then Xanax to ease anxiety. I have barely eaten or drank anything all week. It is now Saturday! I'm just weak and have no energy at all. My house is a wreck and I can't clean it. About to attempt a hot shower and see if I will get to moving!!!! Lord give me strength

Wow this is crazy. I never knew so many people were going through the same sh*t i am. It all started with taking one vic or one perk here and there. Then one turned to two, two turned to five, then before i knew it i was taking roxies, snorting them, chewing fetanyl patches, ANYTHING i could get my hands on to make me feel good because without em i would feel like sh*t. Well over a period of 7-9 years i became very addicted and had to deal with w.d over 50 times, but each time i knew that my pills were only a week away when the customer got her script to sell me. So before i could even get over the w.d i would have more to pop. It came down to the point where i couldnt even get high any more, not even off the patch, so i decided to quit and let me tell you what has worked for me. SUBTEX. I was able to get my hands on about 8 of them that lasted about a week and a few days and that is all i needed. I would break up the pills and put a quarter of it under my tounge maybe once or twice a day for a period of a week, week and a half. The key to it is each day you have to take LESS THAN THE DAY BEFORE and dont take this drug for longer than a month or 2 at the most or u will be hooked and probably have a harder w.d. But by the time i was out of the subtex i was ok with the fact that i knew i was about to change my life forever. The first day with no pills sucked, of course i had no energy but i didnt have the runs or RLS or cold sweats, just extremely TIRED. Day 2 i started to feel the mental withdrawal and depression but by day 3 my strenght was returning and the depression was lessoning. Day 4 is pretty much the same as 3. Then came day day 5 when i started feeling a bit normal again. The key is not being alone, you have to have someone to support you. Another thing that REALLY HELPED ME (might sound crazy) was using an inverision table. Yes thats right, idk what about hanging upside down it is, but it really helps me keep my energy up and overall strength and well being up. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORIES. I LOVE U ALL

opiate addict for 6 yrs. oxy, heroin, and finally methadone to quit. F methadone! Don't believe the clinics, yes the withdrawal may be less painful than h or ox but its 5 days of pain and you come out of it vs methadone which is 5 - 7 days of moderate annoying pain, no sleep for the first week and a half, followed by 1 hour of sleep the next two weeks, then 1 hour sleep few hrs staring at the wall followed by another hour somewhere in between. im on day 37 WOOP WOOP. i took imodium ad (loperamide) which is the only over the counter opiate anti diarretic but is legal bc it doesnt get you high by crossing the blood brain barrier, for stomach pain take prilosec RIGHT when you wake 30m before you eat then a 2nd dose 30m before dinner, to speed up your body rebuilding your receptors eat plenty of yogurt (easy on the stomach, tons of vitamins and plenty of cultures that help your stomach besides yogurt coats your stomach and its much better than built up bile and stomach acid), protein shakes (i mix w milk, again another base to coat the stomach) but the protein shakes have all the vitamins and amino acids meant for muscle growth which also repairs your neurotransmitters and all the receptors youve damaged. theres no miracles to immediately cure you but there are ways to make it easier. dont rely on prescription meds like suboxone or methadone, youre just switchin one drug for another. id only recommend those two to intravenous users who need those cravings to stop but i wouldnt wish the mental anguish that follows for MONTHS after methadone detox. i wish the best of luck. 

I am reading through everyones replies and am feeling more and more like I can't do this. I'm not even done tapering and I can barely get out of bed. I tried cold turkey last year and spent5-6 days almost unconscious before my husband insisted I get back to a baseline. How can you go to work? I know I am in one of the worst categories of abuse. Is it too late?

Sounsure, I feel your pain. Its the worst feeling ever! I'm still struggling myself. I know it sounds bad to replace one pill with another, but kratom is the most helpful thing I have found. It comes from a plant and its all natural and it doesn't seem to be addicting. In the past I couldn't go more than one day without taking an opiate. It was just too painful. Now I take kratom in place of them and I feel almost normal. I swear to you, it takes away all of the withdraw symptoms and gives me energy. The real battle is in my head. I still want to give in sometimes but I've made it too far. Please give this a try. It has worked miracles for me! I promise.

I'm currently withdrawing from hydrocodone (specifically Norco) and yeah, it sucks really badly. It's the evening of day 2 right now (the 5th or 6th time I've gone through withdrawals in the last few years) and I don't quite feel normal yet - body aches, coughing, loose stools, insomnia. No one in my family knows I'm withdrawing; I've told everyone I have the flu and one of my episodes with anemia (low iron from blood loss; yeah, I'm a woman). I know for certain I would be feeling a whole lot worse if I weren't doing the things I'm doing now, so I'm going to list them and hope that it can help someone else:

1. Immodium (loperamide), 4 pills a day. It totally stops the loose stools and seems to take a good bit of the edge off the general withdrawal crappiness.

2. 2 aspirin and 2 benadryl every night to help me sleep. The aspirin is to keep my blood nice and thin so I can cut my risk of stroke and heart attack. I simply refuse to die because of those f*****g Norcos.

3. Hot showers, at least 2 a day. It loosens the long muscles of the arms, back and legs to relieve the achiness. Also at night, I follow the shower with a lot of lavender lotion (and I'm not ashamed to say that I use the Johnson & Johnson's baby lotion brand. It works great and it's inexpensive). I don't know if it's the soothing self massage or the actual lavender or a combination of both, but it's working.

4. Theraputic doses of Advil (ibuprofen), 800 mg every 6 hours. It keeps my temperature normal and so it keeps me from getting a full blown case of the chills/sweats. Plus, it's great for the body aches.

5. Taking care of myself the way I know I'm supposed to with food and drink. I'm drinking lots of water, but also coffee and tea for the caffeine boost. I'm eating a little bit whenever I can (yogurt, toast, bananas - easy on the stomach stuff) and when I don't feel like eating, I drink a ready-made protein shake, like the ones made my Special K or Atkins. I try to remember my multivitamin, but with everything else I'm trying to remember, I've forgotten it two days in a row now.

6. Rest. Rest. Rest. Did I mention rest? I know, you're like a zombie, not wanting to do anything right now, so you're pretty much laid up if you're able to be. But I mean real rest. Take your mind off of things. I'm reading meaningless stuff, like young adult novels and watching funny movies and sitcoms. I will not overtax my brain; my body needs every ounce of everything I've got to overcome these withdrawals. So, since I'm filling myself with funny and uplifting "stuff", I'm smiling more than I would be normally. Trust me, it'll help more than you think. Music is a big deal too, but don't listen to anything that gets you too emotional - I'd be a basketcase if I tried to listen to my favorite band (U2) right now.

7. Since my family thinks I've got the flu or something, I've got a lot of sweetness and understanding from them. Technically, it's not a lie to say that I'm sick - I am. My body is physically ill, but I'm also soul sick with the drugs. That's not what God wants for me - I know with absolute certainty that He has something way better in mind for me. Hence, the soul sickness. But I'm recovering now.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm really glad this forum is here. It amazes me how much it helps to know that I'm not alone in this. None of us are alone in this. I feel sickly and I'm scared and all of that, but I'm made of stronger stuff than a pill - or even a bottle full of them. That's why I can't join AA or NA. . .I could *never* say that I am powerless over something that I can overcome.

I don't know how, but I'll figure out how to pray for each person who has posted here. Even in the withdrawal sickness, we are doing an AWESOME thing. We are overcoming. We cannot forget that.

in high doses tramadol is quite similar to the other opiates. It is technically a"opioid" . It is kind of relatively new (it takes a while for drugs to end up being more controlled) and the scheduling of the drug has already changed in a few states.
If you're taking no more than 8 a day you'll be fine quitting, but if gets up to the 20's and 30's.... it's hell. the worst is the depression since it works like an SSRI and an opiate. and the constant need of showers hot and cold and inability to walk and have involuntary body movements like you have tourettes.... quitting long time term alcohol and cocaine abuse was a lot easier.. just sweat and moodiness. and coke dreams.. I do blame myself for getting into this tramadol mess, but it really sucks. just got a new great job which has helped.

it's like a stimulating opioid. First time i took 4 of them I felt sooo freaking good and remember laying in bed listening to music feeling like I was in heaven. I was sleeping, but awake and skin felt tingly in a good way. Then the tolerance raises and raises.... This is a forum about the real Opiates, but I know what you're talking about. not alone!! I take 12-15 at a time! After i wake up in the morning I take them and lay down and chill for a while listening to the and then get up and go to work. I work at noon so..and will take 8 near end of shift and more when I get home

Thanks, anonymous. I need all the prayers I can get. Please pray for strength, for all of us. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It sounds so crazy but its true. I wish I had known about the symptoms and withdraw, etc before I ever touched an opiate. I'm positive things would have been different for me. Best of luck to you!