I am sick and tired of potatoes! I decided to cook something else and avoid potatoes for at least a month. The problem is that sometimes I can’t think of what to make instead! Any ideas?

Mmm, always use vegetables. I enjoy veggies! I didn’t at first but then I got hooked. Now, I don’t even make potatoes. I like making cabbage, then cauliflower, peas, green beans, savoy. Besides being healthy, I enjoy their taste. It was hard to make my children it most of the things but now they don’t ask questions anymore nor do they complain.

The poor potato, it sometimes gets a bum rap. But I know what you mean by saying how boring they can be. We find them accompanying most everything we eat.

White or brown rice is a nice change, or kasha, which is buckwheat, a mainstay for many side dishes or main dishes these days as well. Also Orzo, a small pasta noodle is excellent for potato substitute as well.

Lentils are a wonderful replacement for potatoes too, and they are full of vitamins and minerals. Just add them to scallions, or finely chopped red or yellow bell peppers, saute' and ummm, good! I quite often make bread stuffing in place of potatoes too; it doesn't have to be a holiday.

to your good health,
paulygrl