Hello! I am back! In case someone noticed I wasn’t here for a few days- I forgot my password so couldn’t log in to my account. Everything is fine now. I got them to send me a link with instruction on how to reset the password. I was very persistent with the idea of getting my new password because I needed to ask you a few questions. My dogs are not feeling very well. All three of them have diarrhea and I have no idea what might’ve caused it. It must be the foods. Do you know what foods can cause diarrhea in dogs?

Hey there.

I am so glad that you are back. I was a little bit surprised when I notice that you are not here. I am looking forward to your cool advice!

Your all dogs have problem with diarrhea?

The first thing that came across my mind is that they must ate something, some groceries, the same grocery that made their digestive system and stomach upset.

Maybe they got food poisoning?

Do you give your dogs human foods? Because this food can be a very toxic for your dogs.

If you don’t, I really don’t have a clue what is the cause.

Sorry :/

Hmm. I know that feeding your dog with cheese and dairy might cause diarrhea. Maybe that’s the case?

I think that every sudden change of the diet might be followed with diarrhea, because the dogs need to be prepared to the new food step by step in order to not react on it badly.

And if you haven’t changed their diet, maybe your dealing with parasites? Then there are also allergies to certain foods, that might’ve caused it too, but since all three of your dogs are having it… I don’t think so.

And it can also be poor quality dog food in general. I hear that there is a lot of kibble-related diarrhea.

Hey Dalmatian_lover. You are probably right. It must be the food since all three of your dogs are having it. If it was the allergy it would have happened to only one of the dogs, what are the odds that all of your dogs are allergic to the same food?

And can’t you remember what did they eat the day when it all started?

Maybe you gave them some spoiled leftovers? Please don’t get offended, it happens to me sometimes. I put aside something to give to my dog and then I forget about it. By the time I give it to him, it could be spoiled.

Hey.

Yes Mima, definitely it could be the leftovers. My Boo ate those leftovers from some trash while we were walking in the park and he had diarrhea for three days.

I was struggling with it so hard. I assure you that it was pretty bad diarrhea.

I forgot to mention this in my previous post, so I came back to tell you this.

I remember that my boyfriend told me that Boo had diarrhea before we meet, and the main cause was food that caused him some infection. It was out of the date and full of the parasites.

Hello. Maybe this seems unreal to you, but if you are feeding your dog with the same food every day, every month and every single year it can cause diarrhea. A lot of people will tell you that you need to keep up feeding your dog with the food that you are giving to him – but that is not so true. Sure, you don’t need to experiment every day, but you need to find some good groceries that your dogs can eat. If you are feeding him with, for example chicken and rice every day, this can be possible cause of diarrhea.

Hello. Processed foods, leftovers and human foods can be causes of diarrhea in dogs. Try to avoid it as much as you can. I have one question – do you give wet food to your dogs on the daily basis? Because if you do this can be one of the reasons. Mix dry and wet food to avoid this issue. If your dogs are older you definitely need to change a diet program for them. I can tell you what to give your dogs when they have diarrhea. Feed them with boiled chicken, rice, boiled potatoes, pumpkin, loaf and turkey. Try with this and see what is going to happen.

Hey everyone.

Let’s go:

• Leftovers,
  • Onions,
  • Garlic,
  • Sometimes milk,
  • Treats,
  • Cheese,
  • Spices,
  • Dairy products,
  • Eggs,
  • Peanut butter,
  • Vegetables,
  • Fruits,
  • Almonds,
  • Bananas
  • Potato peel,
  • Ham,
  • Apple,
  • Avocado
  • Caffeine,
  • Alcohol,
  • Tuna,
  • Liver,
  • Nuts,
  • Etc

Those are the foods that can cause diarrhea in dogs. You should be really careful with it. There is a big possibility that your dogs ate some of those foods without you saw it, so you should put those groceries at some place where they cannot find them.

I believe that the list is little bit longer than mine, but I just can’t remember all those foods that you shouldn’t give to your dogs.

Hey guys,

I like your point Jelly Bean. But I’d like to see it this way too: how would you like if someone kept giving you the same food, every day, for the rest of your life? Not really, huh?

Dalmatian Lover, it’s something that your dogs ate or it’s a stomach virus. Based on what you’ve told us here, I don’t think there are any other causes and these are not dangerous at all. You might have changed their food suddenly or you gave them something with the expiration date passed. Nothing to worry about there. I suppose they are already feeling better.

I am really surprised with the list Love is pet. I would’ve never guessed that avocado can cause diarrhea.

My dog adores ice creams and since the ones you can buy in the market contain too much sugar I always make homemade ice cream with avocado and milk. And he had diarrhea several times, now I see that both avocado and milk are on that list you wrote.  

And I give him peanut butter all the time. I make biscuits that contain it and I sometimes even give him to lick it from the spoon, as a treat. I should’ve known better.