I had a tubal ligation 8 yrs ago, and just found out i am pregnant. I went straight to the hospital to verify! I keep hearing different stories and am unsure what to think. What are the chances of it being a healthy pregnancy or an ectopic?? The ultrasounds proved it is too early to tell anything, because its too small and doctors are unsure just yet...

Hi Nikki,

It can happen.  There is a very high risk of an ectopic pregnancy however due to scarring.  If it is not ectopic then there is a very good chance of it being a healthy pregnancy.

Time will tell.

Good luck.

Im not feeling any symptoms of an ectopic at all. I feel fine, some cramping but that was normal with both of my other babies. Nothing too bad at all. So im taking it as a good sign, but dont wanna get my hopes up (although i am).

Did you have a normal pregnancy? An if so was your baby ok?

I'm 36 I had my tubes tied 13yrs ago missed my period so I took a hpt positive so I took another positive went to the ER both urine and blood positive had follow up with PCP again positive us shows sac in uterus. I'm still so scared I hope all goes well another us tues.