Hi I am 19 years old.  I am female.  I haven't had sex in over 3 years.  I recently shaved my genital area but I haven't had much expierence with it.  I don't remember if this happened the last time I tried.  But I started to get these red things forming around the hair roots and I was actually able to pop a couple like zits?  I just want to know if I should be worried about if I have an STD.  I don't think I do because I only had sex with one person 3 years ago and not at all ever since.  And if they are zits, what should I do?  They have been there for a couple days now...  Also I would like to know HOW to shave down there in case I screwed up or something.

Health Guru
hi, what you have is in growing hairs I would say, nothing to do with STD or STIs probably caused by either shaving against the hair or from the razor being slightly blunt. when you shave use preferably a good triple blade razor not disposable and either a shaving foam or gel, wet the area first then coat with foam/gel well and then start to shave down from the top with the hair never against as that's what causes the irritation and growing hair, rinse and dry well and if you want apply some baby oil to keep it soft and motorized. If you would like more advice please feel free to ask :-)