Hello. I met this guy at my gym few days ago. He seems like a nice guy. We’ve been coming to the gym at the same time for months, and we’ve ran into each other at the front door several times. After a while it started to be funny, so last time when I saw him walking towards the door at the same time I was, I laughed and then he laughed. That is how we met.

Anyway, after some chitchatting he suggested me to try Isopure protein drink. Since I was a bit skeptical he told me it is basically whey. Is this true? Is Isopure protein drink /protein powder basically just whey?

Hello.

Well he didn’t lie to you. This is maybe the healthiest protein drink out there. It is made with 100% whey protein isolate.

My brother used it for a while and he was very satisfied. Back when he was using it I googled it up and I read some positive reviews. And not only on its effectiveness, people also say that it is as healthy as it can be.

Of course, if you ask me, it can’t be 100% healthy since those are not natural proteins from the food. They are isolated. But the product is healthy enough for a protein supplement.

Yes it is practically whey, it is a 100% pure whey protein isolate. I used it for quite a while. A friend who suggested it to me said that it is very healthy. I have a chronic bowel inflammation and my digestive system is not working properly. That is why I have troubles absorbing proteins from food. That is the reason I decided to start using it. I eventually had to stop because my bowels are too sensitive for it, but if I were healthy, I would definitely be using it now. I don’t think that it can harm you in any way. 

I don’t know if it is basically whey or not, but let me just tell you it is not healthy. I suppose you’re a young woman and you don’t even need to use this product. No one does actually.
My advice for you (if you don’t wanna believe, me, random guy on the internet) go to your doctor. Ask him about Isopure protein drink or powder, nevermind which one, you’ll get the same answer.
He will tell you that it is great if you want to build up muscles, but it is terrible for your kidneys.
It places strain on your kidneys and it doesn’t matter if your kidneys are perfectly healthy right now.