Ever since I had my parathyroid surgery I have felt like I am losing my mind. I did have a seizure a one point because my dilatin level had dropped but the doctors have since corrected that and are now monitoring that level along with my calcium level but I seem to be having mental issues and its hard for me to explain them to anyone. I have woken up in another room (I never used to sleep walk) and found myself having conversations by myself. My husband is worried I am going to hurt myself. I seem to be having memory gaps, where it takes me time to remember that we have moved or what time has passed. Has anyone else had these effects after the surgery? I am scared to death. 

Hello Seeshells36,

Have you looked at all the medications that you are on, as well as the medications the hospital put you on prior and post surgery, for side effects?

Looking for the right surgeon for my surgery. Dr.norman & team front runners but are far! May I ask where you are and who did your surgery ? And why you were on Dilantin (I was Wrongly on it for 10yrs....just in case! ) wondering how many others have had similar experiences to yours. Thank you for sharing.