A few weeks ago I went for my yearly PAP, I had a few days later received a phone call from my doctor telling me I had "Chlamydia" I was very shocked at this due to the fact That The only time my partner leaves the house is when I am with him ,aside from when his grandmother will come to take him to do flyers(his job); vise versa and somehow I don't think his grandmother would be the culprit. I'm currently un employed so I'm in the house at all times - so no way to bring someone in  I've read about birds having it, but I haven't been to a pet store sence last december.Its starting to frustrate me looking for answers online due to everything saying that its ONLY  sexualy transmitted. Someone please help .

The only way Chlamydia is known to be transmitted is sexually. Science does not, so far, seem to know of any other way of transmission - oh, apart from birds.

However, it can remain in the system for a very long time, so last December is not out of the question. Also, it could have been contracted through previous partners. Sexually transmitted includes manually. So have you (or has he) had previous partners? Have you ever had sexual contact with anyone otherwise than by sexual intercourse?

The important thing now is that it can be treated, and you must both be treated, and abstain from sexual contact until the treatment is completed, and you have been cleared.

Thank you for the reply ; Neither of us have had another partner for 3 years. unless hugging counts there has been no sexual contact. Oddly though I had sent him in to get checked for it asumeing he would have it and for some strange reason his tests had come up neggative.Is there other forms of chlamydia that I could have gotten;that some how he did not ? Thank you again; Ill have to stay good and clear from any petshops from now on. { Would be great if the " I got it but he dosent" could also be explained; because We have been sexualy active}

I understand you can get a false negative, but not a false positive. He could get tested again.
Chlamydia can easily lie undetected for 3 years.