I am pregnant and my concern is about paternity. My last period was Feb 17th and my estimated conception date/ovulation was March 1-3. I had protected sex (no contact before and no breakage or leakage with the condom) on Feb 28th with man A. I had unprotected sex with man B and he did not withdraw on March 2. I am almost 100% positive it is man B but I am thinking about having a CVS because I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. However, I know the test is very expensive and invasive. Is it necessary though?

Hi: I believe that this is way too close to call. You should have a paternity test done, especially when the baby is born. That will be the most correct test. Think about your decision making. If you are risking fatherhood with a man, you'd want to make a conscious choice about that. Be fair to your child. Perhaps you could think about a committed relationship that would provide some stability in your life and the life of your baby. Good luck...Take care of yourself, and always put our minor child first.

I am in a committed relationship. We were on a break for quite some time and that is why I used protection.

dsdesk. That was a very cold thing to say to that young lady!
Pregnancy happens. Getting pregnant before marriage has happened for thousands of years!

To the young lady: if you are not sure who the father is then dsdesk does give you good advice on this one. Have a paternity test. Yes they are expensive but it will greatly benefit your child in many different ways.
Not only mentally but you need the paternal medical history also. You just never know when you may need it while you are raising the child.

Best of luck to you. I wish you a healthy, happy addition to your life. Hopefully the father will step up to the plate and offer his child support and the opportunity to have a father.

Are the odds really that high of becoming pregnant using a condom that does not break or slip over becoming pregnant from not even withdrawing with no protection? does anyone know any medical statistics about it or how it's possible to become pregnant from a condom that does not break or slip? Also are the prenatal paternity test such as CVS harmful to the baby? I appreciate your response ksf, because I posted on here to get advice from a medical standpoint, not judgment.

Hi ksf: My advice is given with the best intentions. Let's respect each other's post and opinions without public, personal opposition. We're all working with the same goal in mind and we want to present that image to the community.

I guess confused???'s last post says it all.
I respect your opinion and others as well as long as it is not hurtfull to the recipient. Sounds like confused??? has alot of stress in her life right now without someone passing judgment on her.
As she stated she came to this site for medical advice not for someone to pass judgment or to tell her how to lead her life.
Sorry I found myself unmarried and pregnant 27 yrs ago. I'm still as you can see very sensitive to people's comments. Maybe you have to walk a mile in one's shoes to understand..
You do have alot of good posts on this site so please keep up the good work!

My concern is that "confused" didn't seem to have a problem with my post. However, the subsequent posts are addressing your response to my post, instead of helping her. It's all perception. Perhaps "confused" did not read it the way that you did. We all respond to things based upon our personal experiences and that is not what this is all about. Again, that was not my intention and I don't see judgments or accusations in my post, That's what you see. I see advice and food for thought. In addition, you don't know my experience. Let's work together.

Get over it already.