Hi, I am 16 years old girl, and I have a horrible feeling that my existence is not real! I lost all of my ambitions because I think that whatever I do, has no sense, when I’m not real anyway. So why should I bother at all? Is there anyone else with a feeling of not being real?

You mustn’t drop all of your dreams and ambitions because of this feeling. What will you do if this feeling goes away in 5 years, and you haven’t done anything with your life? There will be no turning back and catching up with all the things you could have done. I heard of some cases when people had the feeling of not being real since they were born. Imagine that! They are constantly questioning their existance, and worrying that they could easily dissapear. This condition could be a consequence of amnesia, because if somone forgets half the things he ever experienced, it’s not surprising that he feels like his existence is not real. The feelings of being unreal could also come from some physical disorders, such as multiple personality. It really has sense, doesn’t it? So what are you suffering from- amnesia, multiple personality or maybe puberty? Think about this and don’t throw your life away, because the time is precious.

I think I have what you have. It is called depersonalization disorder. I have had it for four years not. Some times it gets better some times it makes me feel very bad. But now a days I just don't think about it and it don't bother me that much.

I think you should seek the diagnosis of a trained psychologist. Sometimes feelings of being 'unreal' or detached are from some earlier trauma in one's life. I believe these feelings are referred to as dissociation. There are medications that may help this problem and it's caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. I've experienced this too, so you're not alone. I take an antidepressant and everything's fine. Good luck!

Hi , i am a 20 year old male, and i am exsperiencing something very different. At the age of 14, in grade 9... i broke my arm and i went through this emotional thought thinking that setting is not real, things around me blur out, and i cant concentrate on conversation, because me worring about not being real... even though i respond well, people talk to me and they have to reapeat them selves for me to respond...emotional, i cry alot.
alot of people cant tell i am depressed , becausee i am good at hiding it.
Im young and i get paid well, have a nice car... but i not happy what happened to me i had these moment
for a week and leave for a months or so , but now it is almost constant.

I play alot of soccer, and i used to be real good, but my concentration and thinking are affecting me, my driving, working.

I pray i believe it will go away...

I was raised in a good cristian family, helping me , i finally told my parents about this at the age of 18 because i was scared, if they would thing i am mental. I am taking Remeron but its not helping me...
what should i do?
what do i have?
i know im not mental. i have a life ahead of me and i dont want to hurt others, i notice when i am going throgh that non feeling that i am in that setting stage that i dont exsist, i am meen... and i think after did i really say that?!

i did have stress in my life 10-12 hr days of work.

Hi! Talking about weird feelings....
A while ago I had a bad experience on acid. After that I started to have these feelings that I'm crazy. I know I'm normal, I have friends, job, but there are moments (can happen any time) when I suddenly think I am crazy and people around me know it and pretend that they don't know. So they trying to act normal around me, but in reality they all know I'm insane. I think that is called scisophrenia. Thankfully I didn't get it for a while now. Just have to tell yourself that it's all in your head. And get rid of this c**p.
Another experience of being not real I have: comes suddenly, I'm doing something, and suddenly this though - that it's all dream, I am actually in the hospital in coma and someone is holding my hand and talking to me while I'm dreaming about my other life. This life. Probably another chemical inbalance in the brain.
But hey... who knows? ;-)

hey you maybe you wont get this i dont know but i have the same feelings and they are horible i just sometimes want to give up but i ask me self give up on what if i realy dont exist and life has no point and i think to my self what life if i am not living its horrible but i try to think about good things that had happend in my life sometimes it goes aways for like 4 5 minutes mybe an hour and its sucks but like that one dude that responded to you just forget about it try cuz is really hard trust me i have a good life but yet i think i am not reall i dont know sometimes what is going on with me it realy sucks i had this like 1 year ago and then it went away but then one day i saw this girl crying and then it remainded my of that and it came back to me and i try to take it off but its hard i think it helps to tell you tha your not the only one that feels this!!!! and try to gorget about it like sometimes ithink man are we relly humans or why do we came heare for eventhog i belicv god created us i have doubts and stuff and i am like what the hell is wrong with me but try i am shure we all one day will get out of this and forget about it!!!!!

I've been feeling like this for a while too. I have no idea what's wrong with me. I'm a 15 year old girl and I enjoy life. That's the thing nothing is really bothering me and it's not like my life is terrible, I love my life right now. Besides the fact that I don't feel "real." It feels like I'm going to pass out and constantly have to worry that when i'm driving I'm going to pass out and crash or something. I went to the docter a while ago to get blood tested when I passed out once randomly. I ten to sometimes pass out on occastion for no apperant reasons.They said nothing was wrong and asked if anything was bothering me. I said no and they sent me home. Am I going crazy?! What the hell is happening I hate this feeling of how I put it not "feeling real." I shouldn't have to constantly focas myself all the time. Should I see a docter? Can a pill fix this? Will I feel like this my whole life? Someone help me please!?