I shaved my pubic region for the first time 2 weeks ago. I got pimples, or ingrown hairs quickly after... I popped them, but now they are scaring, and are embarassing, what can i do to get rid of the red scarring?

OMG I have the same thing and it's so embarrassing! If you find anything out please tell me! I know its not an std and that it's from shaving but I don't want to stop shaving b/c that's gross.

A friend of mine is a dancer and i shaved my private and got little white pimples, itchy and rash...the trick which she suggested and worked great i might add is use the powdered underarm deodorant. smear on the area and rub it in...what's happening is the oil glands release oil and causes an infection...what the deodorant does is block the pours from opening and releasing the oils that cause the pimples and irritation in the area.....i did it for three days and the itching, pimples and rash started healing really quick...it works all the dancers she knows use this method...try it out...it worked for me.
Share | Link

That makes a lot of sense to keep from getting razor burn. There are also razor burn cream if you prefer that instead, which I do because I do shave my arms sometimes. Thanks for the info!