i saw some information on another site that said it works and i wanted to check on this site to see if someone every tried saline injections on removing a tattoo.

Hi nettie,
I found out that saline injections can be shot under the skin to break of the ink material lodged in the dermis. This allows that tattoo to fade and become blurry, allowing for a cover up tattoo or for another procedure such as dermabrasion to take place.

I don't have any experience with this, but maybe some of our member will share some positive stories with you.

Regards

He there. No, I am afraid that this is not possible. Generally, saline should not be injected as a means of tattoo removal. When it comes to the ink that is under your skin, it is meant to be permanent and molecules need to be broken up for your body to absorb and remove the ink. So, if you really want to remove a tattoo, you should consider about laser therapy. I know that it is expensive, but it is effective. I know that some people are saying that this is possible to do with a saline, but it is not. Laser is the only way, and of course, a removal tattoo aftercare after this. Have a nice day. 

Hello there,

As far as I know saline tattoo removal involves injecting a high concentration of saline which is by the way specially formulated saltwater. This solution is injected next to the tattooed skin.

The saline solution allows water in the skin cells adjacent to the tattoo to combine with the permanent ink and this process is called equalization. Basically this means that the ink is brought to the surface of the skin. When this happens it is necessary to “brush” this part of the skin and afterwards it is going to be replaced with the new skin.

I hope that this was helpful and if you want to get rid of tattoo you don’t want any more it is probably good solution.

The benefits outweigh the negatives. It is an effective method to preserve the skin and rid the ink/ pigment. The only real difficulty is old ink implanted too deep and scar tissue. The most important part of saline removal process is the healing process. When saline has been implanted in the old tattoo a scab forms immediately. That is the beginning of the process, the saline gets under the tattoo and pushes the ink out, but the scab has to remain on until it has completely healed. When the scab comes off unnaturally, the process stops.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I want to do the saline, but my two tats are at least 36 years old. do you think it will still work

New Member

I don't think so that, that saline injection work on removing the tattoos.