I’m 3 months pregnant and am smoking. I know it’s not a good thing to do but I can’t help it. But there’s another thing also I occasionally am on marihuana and I know I must kick the habit but simply am not able to do that. Is there anyone to help on this for I am aware of how this may affect my baby but am not managing without it?

Hi there! I was a smoker for longer than 12 years I guess and I’m one of those that kicked the habit when I got pregnant. I was constantly preoccupied with my baby’s health and was thinking on how this smoking and occasional use of marihuana might affect my baby’s life life. I bought myself a bunch of books with ugly pictures of how it may affect the baby. And the truth is that your baby is at high risk of getting some serious disease regarding the health of its organs especially the brain that doesn’t get enough oxygen and the oxygen it gets is not healthy. For me personally it was not a big deal despite the fact I was a real smoker it’s just that I’ve chosen what’s the best for my baby and I advice you do the same maybe you’ll have a tough time especially in first month after stop smoking but your organism will soon start to feel great and you won’t never regret it. I bet I’m much prettier since I quit smoking and using marihuana and am so happy my pregnancy helped me to make that choice. The most important thing is that I now have the wonderful 6 year old daughter that is healthy and happy and I never regret the fact that I kicked the habit when I got pregnant and that’s something you should do starting today.