I have a big problem with gas. It seems that I suffer from aerophagia. I am little overweight, but what can I do? I have a healthy appetite, and I like to drink carbonated beverages. My wife said she can’t stand me anymore. I have heard that SSRIs can be effective with gastrointestinal problems. Should I try with something like that?

“Healthy appetite”!? Come on, I am sure you exaggerate with food. Aerophagia usually occurs with improper swallowing while eating or even unconscious swallowing of air out of habit. You have to do something with this. Analysis of the gas can help you determine if it is originated from aerophagia or GI production. SSRIs can relive the pain and bloating but these drugs should be used only from patients who suffer from IBS. Please, listen your wife and seek from doctors help.