I'm 14 yrs old (15 on December 2, 2012) and i think that i have some sort of problems. I haven't been getting along with my parents lately. I'm always having arguments with them and end up crying in my bedroom. I have recently had massive stress attacks and mental breakdowns (when i tried to say sorry to a teacher for missing an important meeting i couldn't stop myself from crying). I've been stopped from doing things by a really loud high pitched noise which lasts from between around 30sec and around 5min. My teachers have told me to consider talking to the Guidance Counselor but i really don't want to. I can't talk to my best friends because one is stressing about exams and the other is suffering from her recent break-up and isn't really talking to anyone. I don't want to burden them with my problems. I feel guilty when i don't do something i say i'll do (like go to a meeting) and if i have to pull out of something (like the band because the lead guitarist was bullying me badly) and i feel like i have to do something to make it up to the people i feel i have let down. I don't like to say no if someone asks me to do something and my friends have told me that i am too nice and need to say no to more people. I was bullied badly in years 6-present. The only time i feel confident is when i'm either on stage singing or acting and when i'm working with my animals. At school my self esteem is really low. I've had around 5 stress/panic attacks over the last month. I also did an online test to see which mental illness i have (as a joke) and it said that i have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) but what scared me about it was that the description of ADD was extremely accurate to my personality.

Is there something wrong with me?

I feel lost and alone here.

p.s. sorry this is so long

Oh honey- my heart goes out to you! <3<3 You are not alone, I promise you.

It's hard being a teenager, isn't it? I recall them as being some of the worst years of my life, but I got through them and am now going through similar situations with my son, whose coming up to your age.

Please, please, please go and see your school counsellor. It sounds very much as if the school want to help you, but you have to take that help to improve things. You can stop the bullying by talking to someone and telling them what's going on. Please don't keep suffering alone- I know from experience how serious things can get if you don't find someone to confide in.

There is nothing wrong with you- you are a teenager living a teenagers life. What you are going through is Life- it gets better, then it gets worse, then it gets  better again! Nothing stays the same for long, but that's the beauty of it. What you are going through now will not go for the rest of your life.

Talk to someone and start speaking out- that's really the only way to start those changes rolling. And spend more time doing the things that make you feel confident. Eventually that confidence will spill over in to other areas in your life.

I'm an animal person too- I have 5 cats and they're my best friends (sadly! lol). I can confide in them and I know they won't share my secrets or tell me I'm stupid for feeling a certain way. They don't interupt (unless it's feeding time) and I can count on them to return my affections, without rejections.

But I also confide in my friends and my family, because I know that sometimes I need a human view on things going on that I can't handle. It pays to talk- others can shed a light on a solution you couldn't find beforehand.

Go and speak to your counsellor and perhaps, try one of your friends. It doesn't matter what they have  going on, if they're a 'real' friend, their ear will always be open. That's the beauty of friends!

And tell your parents about the sound you keep hearing- it could be nothing, but it could be something. You need to go and see a doctor about that.

Good luck and lots of hugs to you, sweetie~ I promise, life does get better (but it gets more expensive! Be warned! lol)

V

Thank you :) I have decided to go on Monday. Again thank you for your response.

Sounds like a mix of puberty/your hormones and because maybe you do have a bit of ADD. But with ADD only a doctor can test you and see if you really do. Online tests are BS and don't say anything accurate and even if so it's just coincidence. So, considering your age I'd just say it's puberty.

Ok. It's been about 2 yrs and i have been diagnosed with depression and EDNOS. It sucks so badly but im now on the road to recovery, i think. It's so hard and some days i truly believe that i will never get through this and i know i will never be fully recovered but thats ok. anyways...just an update