I'm 23 years old and have been with my partner for four years. We already have a one year old daughter but the past year or so I've been faced with so many personal problems that I just can't even think straight half the time. Our relationship has been rocky too, I'm on anti-depressants for my problems and I've just got myself a job doing something that I've wanted to do for years.

And I find out I'm pregnant.

Obviously this puts paid to the new job should I keep it but the problem is I don't want to keep it. I feel like I need to get my life straight and my head straight, get back into work and concentrate on the daughter I have. I know in my heart of hearts that I'm simply not ready to be a mother again. I know I wouldn't be able to cope especially as my daughter is very hard work. The problem is I don't know how to tell my partner that I'm pregnant and that I don't want to keep it. He'll be heartbroken. I've heard stories of people who've aborted and regretted it, or those who've given up the baby for adoption and also regretted it. I know my choices here are limited but as I said I know I'm not ready. I wouldn't be able to give the new baby the attention it needs and I'm scared I'd even resent it. I just don't know how to tell my partner without him being hurt or hating me. 

I'm actually terrified.

What did you decide? I'm kind of in a similar situation. I have two children now. One with my current boyfriend. We had an abortion about five years ago that he didn't want me to have. I really don't want to tell him because my mind is made up. I promised myself I wouldn't abort again but I cannot handle another child right now. I'm very angry at myself.

Hello sorry I did not reply. Unfortunatly I lost it before I had to decide whether to keep it or not. I told my partner I was pregnant and wasn't sure how I felt about it but a couple of days later I started experienced severe pain. Turned out the pregnancy was ectopic.