Hi everyone. I’ve been having some problems lately with my health and that stopped me from working out. The difference is already very noticeable. I gained some belly fat and my muscle mass is starting to withdraw. My brother in law suggested I should start using Isopure protein powder. He has been using it for a while now and he says that the results are great. The only problem is, I am lactose intolerant. He says that he is almost 100% sure that this product doesn’t even contain lactose. Does anybody know is he right or not? Is this product really lactose-free?

I am not so sure, but I think it isn’t lactose free. I am also lactose intolerant. In fact, I have IBD so I am pretty much all food-intolerant.:) But I am especially sensitive when it comes to lactose.

Because I have IBD and because of the drugs I take, I always have problems with my weight. Once I came up with the idea to start taking Isopure and my doctor strictly forbid me to do that. He said that my digestion  wouldn’t be ok if I start taking it.

So I figured it must be because of the lactose since all of the products (of this kind) contain it.

@Julietteee 

Honey, sorry about your illness. I have a child with Chron’s so I know how it’s like to be sensitive to all kinds of foods.

But when it comes to this, I don’t think lactose has anything to do with it. Your digestion is, as you already know, endangered by many things, not just lactose. That is why your doctor suggested you should not use Isopure.

As for your question @Brooks, your brother in law is right. This product is lactose free and if you don’t have any side effects of it, feel free to use it. You could consult with your doctor just in case.