Good day everyone.

So, my dentist scheduled a wisdom tooth removal next week. I have to say that I am scared, like a little kid. I mean, I was always scared when it comes to visiting a dentist, but what can I do. I was a child a couple of years ago, and I remember that I caught some really bad infection, and now I want to find out any possible information in order to prevent this after my wisdom tooth removal. Do you have any tips to prevent an infection after wisdom tooth removal? What should I do about this? Tnx a lot! 

In the beginning, the hygiene is really, really important. If you take care of it, I am sure that you won't feel any problems. Your mouth needs to be clean all the time. That means one really important thing - N=no rinsing of any kind should be performed until the day following surgery. After the surgery, you should clean your mouth for 6-7 times a day, especially after anything you eat, The best thing to clean your mouth after the meals are with a teaspoon of salt mixed into one cup of warm water.  Also, take the prescribed antibiotics. Don't forget that! Good luck and I wish you quick recovery. 

Hi there, so those infection after wisdom tooth removal can happen very, very often. The most important thing is to keep your mouth clean all the time. That means next thing - when you eat something, you must wash your mouth with those antiseptic resources. Your dentist will tell you which one you should use, but you should use it, not just when you get up, in the morning, or in the evening. No, after every meal. That is the first step to prevent any infections to happen. If you do this, I am sure that you won't have any type of problems. 

Celebrity

Generally, taking care of the hygiene is the most important thing, it doesn't matter did you had the surgery or not. The hygiene comes first. Also, when you are about to wash your teeth, you should brush that area slowly and rinse properly and of course, chew from another side. Also, do the warm saline rinse, since it is very helpful. It shows that this procedure prevents any type of the infections. Sure, maybe it will hurt or tingle, but that will happen in the beginning and it will be over after a couple of seconds. If you have any other doubts, ask your dentist. Good luck! 

I also need your help. I had this surgery four days ago and everything was just fine. But now, it seems to me that it is worse and that I caught some infection, and I didn't wanted this to happen. I mean, I was following all the possible instructions from my dentist, I washed my teeth after every meal, I was using some antiseptic things, and now I don't know what happened. The smell that is coming out of my mouth is really, really horrible and I don't know what to do about this. What to do? Am I overreacting or what? I am scared a lot, of course, I am planing to visit the dentist.

Celebrity

Sure, you should just read the upper posts, they can help you for sure to avoid some tooth extra complications. Now, as you already know, there is an extra painful condition known as the dry socket. It is also very possible and it is mangiest with an excessive pain, swelling, and unexpected or uncontrollable bleeding. One of the biggest problems that can happen is that a hole may develop into a sinus cavity. Even if this is rare and typically resolves on its own, you should now avoid visiting your surgeon, your dentist. The aftercare is the best way to prevent an infection. 

First time when I removed my wisdom tooth, I didn't take care of the wound at all. Just for the first couple of hours. So, I got the infection which was pretty nasty, so next time, when I removed another one, I was pretty OK. Because I knew where my mistake first time. So, the most important thing to avoid this ugly infection or something even worse is to take care of the oral hygiene and to take care of the wound. That means that every time when you are eating something, you need to wash your mouth, but don't use hard brushes and don't brush it hard. You can only make it worse. Another thing that is very important is to use gazes and pads, but of course, I don't need to mention that they need to be sterilized. Don't forget that a warm salt is your best friend. Also, don't get stressed about this "mess" around your mouth, it is totally normal process. If you follow those instructions, you will be better in three days. Good luck.

Celebrity

I still think that the main problem in this is because people are afraid or they don't want to ask about prevention or they don't want to ask because they believe that this is something that you can easily deal with. Well, you can't. Because of the less known about the certain subject, people get this infection. Sometimes, what is good for you, it is not good for someone else. Some patient can get better with only antibiotics, while another one needs only to get rest for a couple of days. But all the patients have one some things in common - they shouldn't eat chips, drink carbonated drinks, do heavy works for a couple of days. You see nothing so hard. 

sometimes this removal can be so heavy that you don't even know where you are. my dentist gave me three anesthesias, I think, because I felt the pain all the time. the root really was problematic, but now, it is out and I am not sorry for this. of course, I was following all the instructions that my dentist gave me, and I was informing him about every potential change. so, I really don't need to tell that I was recovered within three days and I moved on with my life, my job. the only thing that I put on the stand by was the gym, because the wound was huge, but that also was OK after a week. so, if you follow the instructions, if you clear the wound, no need for worries. good luck!