Hey guys. I'm really nervous and was looking for some imput from others who have had similar experiences. I'm 21 and in college. Young, yes I know.. so, baby isn't exactly in my plan right now although I do feel bad saying that, since I know so many women would love to be thinking they were pregnant right now. Anyway, here's my story..

My boyfriend of a year and I recently started having sex (he is my first, and I have a feeling he will be the man I marry). He is really sweet and stops whenever I feel anxious or anything like that. We are always really safe. He uses a spermicidal trojan condom every single time and always pulls out before he ejaculates. He did have a long-term girlfriend before me and has experience with condoms, and in such is knowledgable about proper use and what-not.

This being said, I know even with proper use, they are not 100% effective. I was on the pill for a while before he and I started being active, but was forced to stop because I was developing fibroadenomas and have a strong family history of breast cancer. My doctor wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

My last cycle started Jan 18th, and lasted roughly 6 days. I generally am on about a 28 day cycle, although I was not regular before starting the pill so I cannot be positive. On tuesday, I started 'spotting'- a tiny bit of pink and brown. I put a liner on, expecting my period. That was, however, all of it for the day. Wednesday through today (Saturday) I have had about 2 or 3 drops of bright red and brown spotting once a day. I always wear a pad, hoping it will develop, but it never does. It is no longer tiny and pink, but looks like a regular period drop. I am also having minor pelvic cramps, much like when I ovulate or get my period. I am not having breast tenderness or changes in appetite, etc.

He is going to go out and buy me a test tomorrow, for me to take monday morning (I am away for the weekend). So for right now, he and I are nervous as hell and just want me to get my period. He also knows that I don't plan on having sex again for a while.. Potentially until I'm married. At least I'm lucky that he's sticking by me in that decision.. I wish this wasn't happening, though. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Just to add.. My periods are usually very heavy. They may start out slow, but get to be bad for 2 or 3 days before slowing down again. Generally, they are about 6 days (one slow, 2-3 bad, 2-3 slow again). Thanks!

Hey did you end up being pregnant or noo??