im a 27 year old male, on saturday i played foot ball down on the delta beach and got sand in my eye, immediately i rinsed it with the water i was standing in on the beach. 2 days later my eye starts to hurt when i blink, i thiught it may have been a mosquito bite because i have one very close to my eyelid, but its going away and the swelling is gettin worse, the rim of myy eyelid is dark red and now the whole lid is swollen. there are no bumps so i ruled out a stye, nothing on the inside either.

It sounds like you've developed an infection. You may have also scratched the cornea when you got sand in your eye.

You need to get it checked out. Most likely you'll be put on antibiotic drops.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

I agree that it sounds like you may have scratched your cornea. It's hard to tell because you may also be right about having a mosquito bite on your eyelid as well. I would recommend that you see your doctor about this regardless because it's not the best situation for your eye either way. Keep us posted as to how this turns out for you because I'd like to hear what it turns out to be. Thanks!

[

hey i just got over pink eye and my eye is still hurting when i blink i went 2 the dr. and they did a scrach test and said it was fine and i have been putting my drops in it but wat should i do now ? i think im just going to put a cold rag on it . and if your eye has white gunky c**p in it dont pick at it it will just make it a whole lot worse .

it also becomes really irritated and red so dont touch it and i go to dixie speedway every saturday night , so i have been putting machup on but its a bad idea it just makes it worse . and if any of youll have ?s about dixie speedway just ask me its a big half mile dirt track and you go and watch the racers race its lot of fun .

hope this helps :P