that is soooo weird! i was just eating lots of bananas just recently ( for like 5 days straight) and all of a sudden i started coughing with an annoying tickle in my throat :/

i have the same problem for about 3 yrs, always carry a cough drops and bit into it and continually breath through your mouth.

You described my symptoms to a tee. Right down to the vomiting. Any relief or did you find out what it is? I'm scheduled to see the allergist next week.

I have the exact same thing and never know when it is going to make me vomit. It is embarrassing! Please let me know if anyone finds out what it is and how to stop it.

weird but when i started eating a lot of banana this didnt happen. and recently i haven't been eating any banana i get the itches and cough like mad

Holy c**p! This is my exact problem. Sand in right side of throat, cough sometimes until I puke. Just reading this made me cough in thought. I'd love help....

I know it's allergies. It may be mold. I work at a library and it happens when I open an old book. Also, mold spores are high here

OMG! I have the same thing. Just today my partner was sleeping n I started to cough like crazy, my throat itch so freakiing much, i have pain in my ribs, when it starts I cant stop it. Started about 3 weeks ago then after I got a really bad cold, now the cold is almost gone but I do still cough like made, I need help!

Guest wrote:

lol i have the same problem and it is really irritating the sh*t out of me its normally just when im trying to go sleep then sleeping becomes pointless but i have a little solution and it is eat a little bit of tooth paste or really strong airwaves it seems to sooth it for alot longer but i would really like to know what it is and how to get rid of it for good i smoke maybe that might be a cause but i know people that dont smoke and they say they have had it before

you probably hav bronchitis thats the same thing happened to me nd i had to take breathing treatment for it go c ur dr.

Quote:

I had the same problem until I was diagnosed with non-wheezing asthma. Now I just use my inhaler and the cough goes away.

go quickly to your doctor

OKAY everybody!!!! I've got mine figured out.

I went to an ENT after the doctors could not figure out the problem. He scopped my nose and throat and decided my vocal chords (and other things) were most likely inflammed and irritated due to Acid of all things. I was skeptical but I did what he said. I took omeprazol (which is PRILOSEC )  and flonase. after a week it didn't come back. About a month later, I stopped taking both, and it happened again.. Now I take them both religiously and have had no problems. I hope this helps.

Brewhaha wrote:

I wonder if this is the same thing as I have! It comes out of nowhere these last couple of days it has been every day and a couple times at that. I get this kinda tickle/itch like feeling in my throat, holding my breath seems to stop the sensation to cough and choke, then only one side of my face is affected by my eye watering and nose running. It only lasts a few minutes but feels like forever, and sometimes it feels like my throat wants to close. I have found sometimes taking a drink, holding my breath, or just coughing like crazy is the only thing that helps stop the feeling. Can anyone relate? I have no idea what it could be as sometimes it happens at home, work, outside, classroom, etc. I just want it to STOP, it's embarrasing and I really hate the way it feels, if it comes on and I keep breathing sometimes it feels like my throat is going to close up, but of course it never has!! If anybody can relate feel free to email me or reply back....

Thanks :-D

Sadly this has been happening to me since I was a little girl. It always seems to hit when I was in church or in a class at school. It gets so bad that I practically vomit, can't breath and eyes water. Extrememly embarassing. My Grandmother has the same thing, I have to keep cough drops on me at all times which seems to lessen the attack.

I hav used an ionic air purifier and it cured me and ive suffered w the same problem for years. Its definately an allergic reaction of some kind. The only way i can sleep is with my purifier. It has to be a good ionic one to filter the main offending particles.. Ive found regular air purifiers dnt hav the same effect

It's called post nasal drip , it's caused by allergies or if you recently had a cold it can take months to stop

Do reserach on "silent reflux" which can be reversed if caught early, and can lead to esaphageal cancer if left alone.  Stop all caffeine, carbonated beverages even seltzer water, citrus, and I forget what else.  This was just covered on a Dr Oz show in October 2012