I have heard that Leishmaniasis is a recurrent health problem for the militaries all around the world. Health care workers may be unfamiliar with this disease, which is what I have also heard. They cannot be completely educated to understand the risk factors, transmission, clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of this disease. That is why I want you to tell me more about Leishmaniasis, because my husband is in military as well.

A team of highly trained specialists should be required to manage properly service members with Leishmaniasis. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that such care is available only in a few medical centers. Although there are no prophylactic drugs to prevent this disease, there could be preventing method. Important is to control insect populations and use of personal protection measures. This could definitely minimize arthropod-related casualties of Leishmaniasis. The impact of Leishmaniasis on military operations and research initiatives to better prevent, diagnose, and treat infection are still discussed.
Introduction Leishmaniasis is a persistent health threat to most of militaries personnel. This is important because troops are deployed, or conduct military exercises in locations, where this disease is endemic.