I have dragged my feet and delayed the whole weight loss gig for far too long now. With Christmas and the new year been and gone, my excuses have faded away also. Now, I have no choice but to be a woman about it and just get on with the diet. My immediate goal is to lose five pounds in one week. I don't want to get into any strict diets, just eat less and more healthy. Do you have any tips to help me along?

Good for you! I hope that you will achieve your goal, but don't get unmotivated if you lose any less either. What I found to be immensely helpful is to not eat anything at all after 8 pm. It has been scientifically proven that any foods you consume after that time make you fatter than what you eat before the clock strikes. So, after reading an article about that, I quit late night snacks, and it helped tons. The other thing is to only eat when you are truly hungry, and not to fill other gaps such as boredom, or loneliness, or whatever. This happened to me a lot when I first split up with my husband, but then I got better about it. The most important thing is to remember that you CAN DO IT!