I want to lose ten pounds in a month. Judging by the amount of topics I have seen on this forum and other forums about losing ten pounds in ten days, doing it in a month is certainly a realistic and achievable goal. The only minor obstacle is that diets make me want to eat. When it is a forbidden fruit, I want more of it! How do I keep on track and really lose those ten pounds?

Good question! I am sure that many people have the same problem. I know that I did, but then I got online and found weight loss support groups! There is a forum I belong to for parenting issues, but they also have a weight loss section and there is a support group for those intending to lose weight on a monthly basis. You have to check in each day and report what you have done that day to lose weight - if you have worked out, whether you stuck to you diet... If you have "sinned". I love that little group, because I have found a lot of support from other moms trying to lose weight. It keeps me accountable, so I feel less need to eat. And, when I get bad cravings, I just post a message saying I want to binge, and I immediately get tons of replies that I can keep at it, that I'll look great when I am done losing weight, and that I just have to bear with it! So far, it has done miracles for me.