I have a total of twelve pounds to lose. Do you think the aim to lose four pounds a week, so that the weight I am hoping to lose will all be gone in three weeks? I don't want to lose weight gradually, I want to look good now! How do I make that happen?

I don't recommend you do three weeks in a row of a tough diet, without pause. There are two reasons for that. The first reason is very practical. The longer you put yourself on a tough diet, the more likely you are to get bored with it, or get food cravings, and to cave and start eating again. Three weeks is a long time. The second reason is that rapid weight loss often results in rapid weight gain after you are done dieting. This is a well known, established and scientific fact. My suggestion is that you lose twelve pounds over six weeks, not just with diet, but also through work outs. What do you feel about that?