For a couple of weeks now, I have noticed that a lump appears on my right hand side of my throat after eating. It is right underneath my jaw. If I press on the lump, puslike fluid comes out from the right gland under my tongue. It's not painful, but it worries me.

I sort of have the same problem. It used to be that when I would eat something quickly, I felt like a rock was in my throat and it would stay that way for almost a whole day. I can prevent it for a few seconds by swallowing or by tilting my head back and opening my mouth really wide. But it's also annoying because sometimes some horribly-tasting liquid comes up into my lower mouth area. So, so far, you're not the only one, Guest :-D

I have had the same issue! I had a lump on the right side of my throat.. under my jaw for months. It seemed to have gone away. I have noticed recently that after eating certain foods, even after two bites the lump becomes so large it is visable to others. I am believe it may have something to do with sodium intake. I was concerned it may be cancer but cancer I would think cancer would not shrink and then re- appear after eating. Would be nice if someone could provide an answer.... ?
Is it our bodies telling us we are inducing something harmful and that could later cause a more serious condition?????

I had the same thing happen years ago. Anything I ate caused a huge lump on the right side of my throat. It looked like I had the mumps on one side, but would go away after a few hours. Turned out one of my saliva glands was blocked. When you eat, your body produces saliva which secretes into your mouth. (if you look at the bottom of your tongue you can see saliva) The Dr froze below my tongue, made a tiny incision and removed the stone. (similar to a kidney stone, but tiny enough to block the gland). It's been 20 years and it has never happened again. If it's a clear fluid that you're seeing it is saliva - if it's another colour you may want to see the Dr. If you can make it happen for your Dr (ie... by eating something to show him) it will help him/her to diagnose it.