I too stumbled across this when searching, although the guy who said something about varicocel MAYBE the most likely cause, i'm not saying it is and im not saying it's not, MAYBE always get checked out by your doctor if you experience anything like this, don't use the excuse "oh it's embarrasing to get it checked out" no, it really isn't having a doctor touch your nutsack to check for testicular cancer doesn't make you 'gay'. it's the difference between catching it early and not catching it all then who's gonna be up sh*t creek without a paddle?

However, I too can only find this lump on my left testicle at the top when I have an erection.

Pothead: yep!
tobacco: yep!

Seems to be some kind of connection here :S

Been checking in on this thread now for well over a year. Was hoping someone would've figured this out by now.  

I've had these achy lumps now for years. One in each testicle where they join with the spermatic cords. Been to doctors/urologists over the years, and all have pretty much dismissed it as nothing (slight varicocele on the left side). One doctor thought is was epididymitis, prescribed antibiotics, but it never helped any. As time passed the inflamed tubes, or whatever we're supposed to call this, got worse (definitely seems to be more noticeable when I'm using cannabis). I first noticed the swollen tubes when I was about 13 or so, and noticed the hard lumps in my early 20s (first in the left side and then in the right). I'm thirty now, and these things have only grown (one on the left's probably about the size of an M&M). They're now noticeable not only when I'm erect, but other times as well. 

I smoke marijuana daily/hourly, and have done so since I was very young.
I have stomach ulcers. 
Headaches.
Pain in hips, lower back, and behind shoulder blades.
Premature ejaculation (not I can only last five minutes PE, I mean one pump premature ejaculation since day one).
Testicular pain (seems to be focused in the lumps, and they become more and more hard and painful as I approach ejaculation)
Painful ejaculation.
Difficulty starting urination. 

Don't know if any of this applies, but I figure it could be helpful to know if any others are experiencing similar symptoms. I think there's somekind of blockage within the tubes that's causing chronic infection. Something to do with the spermatic ducts perhaps? 

Guess this isn't an ulcer. Just got the results back from my upper GI scan and everything's negative. Anyone else with these lumps experiencing extreme abdominal pain? Eating seems to help. Smoking seems to make it worse. 

if you get the lump when lifting weights it is most likely to be a hernia, but as for the lump on ejaculation this is due to the sperm tubes being swelled.

I came across this post and wow! 

I have this issue as well. The lump seems to soften when limp and harder when erect. I feel a little pain in my left testical (which has this lump) whenever I workout and shortly after ejaculation. 

I have not yet been to the doctor to have an ultra-sound, however will be seeing one really soon. Although there are many post confirming this to be a common issue, everyone needs to see a doc and have their own ultra-sound test done! If what you're experiencing is testicular cancer than it will spread over the years and you may be too late to be treatable! Testicular cancer is about 80% curable, however over time may cause lung cancer and cancer of the lymph nodes; which isn't as curable.

When I visit the doc I will give him my symptoms; including the few most of us have in common, hard lump while erect and regular marijuana user (I've smoked everyday for 4 years now). I have no shame so if I must get a chubby so he may feel this lump for himself then so be it ;)

I will return to post my doctors thoughts on this matter so that all to come across and all still waiting for an answer will get one from a professional. 

StickyIcky

I have the same lump at the bottom of my left testicle near the tail of the epididymis when I'm erect. Either we all have testicular cancer or it's nothing? :P

Going to get it checked by a doc next week.

Phew! glad i checked this out, i have the same problem, but being a bloke I didnt want to head to the doctors and bar up just to show him my lump, ive had it for years now, it has never been painful or caused any discomfort, but its refreshing to know that there are others out there and to hear that it may only be something minor or maybe nothing at all!  Would still like a detailed description/diagnosis from anyone that really knows or is in a medical field that reads this.  Am willing to go to the doctors with a stiff one but only if the doc is a good looking sheila! maybe ill get her to check my prostate at the same time! Stay cool and check ya nuts!

Haha everybody calm down. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you have the lump in your left testicle there is nothing to worry about. Chances are (75-98%) that you either have a variceole or epididymitis in a chronic or minor form. Both treatable conditions. Usually occur during or after masturbation,ejaculation,workout. As for myself I suffer from epididymitis and I'm only 15 due to a hernia surgery I had at 13 which messed up my vas deferens. You will all be fine as long as its not chrOnic. Anyways THC prevents treatment to work due to the effects.

Best of Luck to victims of the testicle malfunctioned.
Stoner

Hi man, I have the exact same thing I was kinda worried at first but after reading posts i really don't think its anything serious, its under the testicles but when its soft then they are not hard.

I have the same thing, and I haven't smoked weed in months. relax, dudes.

I have the same problem but with both testicles. When im not erect , they are not there. When i masturbate , they appear again. I get a little worried about it. What should i do ? Thanks in advance.

Same situation here. Skittle size hard lump when erect, goes away quickly with loss of erection. I had a rather large varicocele repaired on my left side but they did an ultrasound on both and said the right side looked fine. Pot smoker as well... really strange. I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about but if it's causing pain (I sometimes get a dull, achy feel), probably best to get it inspected. I don't smoke cigs though.

ive got it as well, only when i have an erection

Smoke dank and cigarettes, got the same damn lump too.

Same here.  Smoke daily, and have lump that appears under left testicle when erect.  Some discomfort that runs along the tube down behind my penis towards my anus.

I've had it checked out with a follow up ultrasound.  Nothing unusual.  That was 9 months ago or so.  I'm seeing a urologist Wednesday, and will report any advice he gives me.