I have a really stupid testing meter.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a good meter to test my blood glucose?

Why is your meter ‘stupid’? There are many meters on the market you can choose from.  You can choose one that suits you.  They are pretty inexpensive but the test strips are very costly.  I am not sure what you don’t like about your meter but new ones do include a few test strips so you can try a few out perhaps.  Maybe your dietician can give you a few options or recommendations as well. 

I have had the Bayer meter for a couple of years and I love it! It has a cartridge or disc that goes in it and you just line it up right before you use it. It has like about 10 strips contained in it so when you use it, you slide a new one up when you use it. It calculates the blood sugar very fast too. And it doesn’t take a lot of blood; just a tiny drop. I would recommend that one. I can’t remember the model but it is from the Bayer company.

I used the Accucheck system and it is pretty good.  It is simple to use and very portable.  I have used them for about 7 seven years now.  Yah, you have to insert the test strip every time you use it but that is no biggie for me.  I would tell you that you can check it out.  I think the test strips are cheaper, too.  That is always a plus for me!  I imagine all the meters have their pros and cons. You just have to decide if you like the design and the way it analyzes your blood drop.  Hopefully you get to try out different models.