Here is an interesting story for you especially if you are a diabetic.  I was told by my doctor that I didn't need certain test strips. I am wanting to try a different brand then he recommends and he tried to stop test strips from being available to me!! What the heck is this??  I am really mad at him!  I don't understand why I have to have the test strips he thinks I need!  The pharmacy said there is no difference in meters or test strips.  I have the meter already, I just need the test strips that go with my meter.  He wants me to purchase a meter from him and get these other test strips.  Does this make any sense to anyone?  You would think he would have more important things to worry about then what kind of meter and test strips I use.  Does anyone have an opinoion about it?

Hello Guest.... It sounds like you are very upset with your doctor for trying to stop you from getting the test strips you wish to have.  I am certain that he/she may have been trying to get you to buy the meter from him since a meter salesperson probably has given him some perks for his pushing the meter onto his patients.  If your doctor does not listen to you, you may consider changing doctors.  You shouldn't have to deal with a physician that doesn't have your best interests in mind. 

Has any of our forum readers ever have a situation where your doctor was trying to push you to take a prescription for something you didn't want?  Did he/she express understanding about it or did he/she get angry about your not going along with him/her? What did you do about it?  Did you stay with the doctor or find another physician to oversee your care?