I'm a 34 year old, relatively healthy guy. I'm a little out of shape and have recently gained some weight, but by no means am I 'obese', just a few extra pounds (I'm 5'11 and weight 203 lbs). Recently I've noticed that it really hurts when I press in on my nipples. I noticed it when my daughter was on my shoulders and the heel of her foot lightly pushed one of my nipples and it hurt like hell! So then I pressed them myself with my finger and it feels almost as if there is a hole underneath the nipple, and only underneath the nipple.. like a hole in the muscle there or something. And when I press, even very lightly, right on the center of the nipple, it's very painful. There's no change in the size or look of the nipples and the pain is only when pressure is applied.

Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't mentioned it to the doctor but if I don't get any answers here I guess that will be my next step.

I too have that VERY same issue... even the hole-like feeling underneath the nipple. Have you gotten any replies?

you could have a cyst, don't worry medication will take care of it if you do

No, I haven't had any replies yet. I went to the doc and she sent me for a chest x ray which showed nothing. She had no explanation for it.. So it's still a mystery to me. But at least I know it's nothing serious.. I guess... I hope.

Dr Cummins,

Sorry for your pain. I'm wondering if it could be a clogged pore under the nipple or some sorf of infection centered there that could be taken care of with antibiotics. Please come back if you get any concrete answers as it sounds as if other members of the forum have similar issues and could benefit also.

I have the same problem. no one has bee able to tell what is from or it is harmful. it bothers the hell out of me. its only one of my nipples. it hurts only when i push on my nipple. it weird.

I am a healthy 24 yr male and have noticed recently the same problem as you guys. Its only my right nipple and i feel something hard (like a very small ball) underneath the nipple (that I dont have on the left one). I think it might be a clogged pore or something cause it feels kinda like a pimple underneath the skin but I dont have any redness to indicate a pimple... Im a little worried but find comfort in the fact that other people have experienced this. I hope to hear more from other people or better, it goes away.

im a 17 year old male and i am experiencing the same problem!
its only the right nipple, my friend tapped me on the chest the other day and it hurt like hell!
i also feel the hole type thing when i press lightly on it.

I am 46 and both of mine hurt when touched/pressed on first it was my left one and now both and it has started after my weight gain also.Does anyone have any answers yet ?

I have the same exact thing Im a bit overweight 15 yr old and I have had this problem for a while
And it hurts really bad if I get hit there

so do I, i'm 17 and i've havent done some exercise in some time. though im not fat, i weight 70 kg and i'm 1.80 meters. i asked my mom, she said it could be because of hormonal changes, though puberty has already come like 3 years ago, and this is the first time it happens. anyone with results from your experience plz tell

Im a male and am a little out of shape im 5'3" and weigh 135lbs and i recently gained wheight and to have the same problem and also have the hole feeling. it started after i went to california with my friends and one of them gave me a lot of titty twisters and now even a little pressure is extremely painfull. Im also wondering if its stress related because my Father recently passed in december 18th of 09 from a sezure when he was only 35 and it was only 2 and 1/2 weeks before my twelth birthday.

hi,

i examined a patient with the exact same symtoms, he took some blood tests and urine tests including the x ray scan etc. turned out he had digested something lethal; had a chat with him last year and he experienced chest pains a day after consuming beer in a club. hes nipples seemed stretched sideways and i noticed a deep hole between the centre of both nipples when i pushed my finger inwards, which was painful for him. he also experienced pain while urinating and internal bleeding.

my advice is: go see your GP and tell them anything you know so they can give you the right tests.

this is very serious; you may need a lot of antibiotics and some extra drugs but most importantly be careful what you eat and where!

Same problem here with both nipples, I'm 22 and have put on some weight recently, noticed it when my dog laid on my chest and pushed one down, now I've noticed both are very painful when pushing down on them.

"I have the same exact thing Im a bit overweight 15 yr old and I have had this problem for a while
And it hurts really bad if I get hit there"
"I am a healthy 24 yr male and have noticed recently the same problem as you guys. Its only my right nipple and i feel something hard (like a very small ball) underneath the nipple (that I dont have on the left one). I think it might be a clogged pore or something cause it feels kinda like a pimple underneath the skin but I dont have any redness to indicate a pimple... Im a little worried but find comfort in the fact that other people have experienced this. I hope to hear more from other people or better, it goes away."

I have the same problem, and it hurts like a mofo.