Okay I know I am opening up a big issue here but I just found out that I am pregnant. I also found out the list of things that I can and can't do as well as the things I can do in moderation... so i have always heard that caffine is bad for the baby as well as certain fish and well we all know the list. But when I was at the doctors i was suprised to find out that he told me that i COULD have 1 caffinated drink a day. He also told me that i COULD eat the fish once a month... if these things are bad for the baby why would i consume them in the first place!!!!! soooooooo if these things that are (HARMFUL) to the baby are okay in moderation.... then wouldn't it be safe to say that smoking a little weed, in moderation, also wouldn't be harmful.. i only say this after doing extensive research on study's not on personal opinions only to find really nothing. There isn't a significant difference in the baby's developement... I just wanted to get my opinion out there because I have not found anything comparing the use of caffine and other potentially harmful things to this potentially harmful plant.

ps.. i have stopped all caffine intake as well as any food that i have been told was harmful.. i havn't drank of smoked tobacco since before we started to concieve.

psss.. anyone who has taken any sort of medication during pregnancy and tells me or anyone else who has smoked pot during pregnancy that we are bad mothers are just closed minded hypocrits.

Smoking marijuana during pregnancy may affect your baby's growth and the development of his nervous system. Studies have shown that children who were exposed to marijuana during pregnancy sometimes have problems focusing their attention and solving problems.
There are studies that even found that young children whose mothers smoked marijuana during pregnancy had a higher risk of leukemia than those whose mothers did not.

knowing that, if you choose to smoke pot during pregnancy you are putting your child at risk and that does make you a bad mother.

The Food Standards Agency advises that a safe limit for pregnant women is 200mg of caffeine per day - about what you'd get in two mugs of instant coffee (100mg each) or five cans of cola (up to 40mg each). Any more than that may possibly lead to babies having a low birth weight or even miscarriage.
there are also siggestions that low levels of caffeine could increase your risk of miscarriage. So to be on the safe side, you may prefer to cut down on caffeine or switch to decaffeinated drinks instead, particularly in the first trimester. there is plenty of research out there if you really want to find it.

If you dont want to take the risk, to be on the safe side you dont have to listen to what the doctors recommend you can have, just dont have/use any of it.