what you may not know about methadone is that it block you from feeling high from other opiates like hydrocodone and things like that

Methadone is not a permanent fix for your life...get off of it. Whether you beleive it or not you are not yourself, it may have improved your life but so would coming off of it and getting appropriate help. Mixing Benzos and Methadone is dangerous @ any dose...Chemicals are not suppose to be in your body. My mother who mixes the two was found sleeping in her food, nodding out while drinking a soda, fell all the way down the steps and has left in the middle of the night thinking it was a different time. She has also wrecked her vehicle more than a couple of times. She is over 50...this is not acceptable. Another relative of my mine just lost their life...not even 30 years old and left her 2 young children here motherless. Why wouldnt you want more for yourselves, you only have 1 life to live...why not cherish it. Please dont let a drug, a prescription medicine or alcohol run your life...thrive in your life. We are all capable of anything we put our mind to.

This combination killed my 30 year old son 6 months ago. He did not want to die . He left behind 2 daughters who he loved dearly and a brother and me. I will never understand he had been clean for almost a year and I guess he thought he could go back to the same dosage he took before. Not true. I have heard of people dying on very low doses of these drugs and even the first time taking them. My son went to bed with his clothes laid out for work the next day, found 30 some hours later . When the funeral home got him after the autopsy they could not make him look like him...at all. I beg anyone taking these horrible drugs to get help before its too late for you. The ones left behind suffer so badly.

OMG it kills me how many people get that wrong. It's " Oxycontin "

OXY = Oxycodone ( the actual drug )

CONTIN = Continous Release

Im prescribed methadone and clonazepam (same thing as xanax) and vicodin by a doctor. I trust this doctor quite a bit and I was even on serequel at the same time! That is A LOT of downer. I have a freak-tolerance to this stuff but I NEVER EVER go to sleep from it. Something in my brain chemistry allows me to "come alive." From all this neuropathic pain and several herniated discs and other damage I sustained as an amateur boxer and martial artist (Fighting full-contact as well as ufc AND boxing all at once, against the advice of my boxing trainer-the sport I am best at, even today after 5 years of virtually no fights or training, only 3, won them all, years apart, I look like a James Toney in his worst shape, fight a lot like him too)

Anyway, my point is that SOME people can handle this, and if a trusted doctor prescribes it to you and you take it like how you're supposed to, you'll be fine 9/10. But, they are very dangerous drugs. I admit, I get "high"/elated/euphoric as hell on them, like I am now. I'm on 30mg of methadone (There is actually 70mg in my body right now, maybe 80 but in another hour only 70, then gradually decreasing to 30 until tomorrow when I re-dose). I give all my pills to my dad who has the ONLY key to a safe that I can't break into, well I could, but it wold take a shitload of effort and I don't want that.

Without either medication I can go into severe withdrawal and possibly even have seizures and definitely want to commit suicide or get suicidal thoughts, strong, impulsive ones. I want nothing more than to be off these drugs. But I doubt it will happen any time soon, I just turned 26 so I have no insurance, I also am slowly climbing my way back up, I used to bench 350, now I can get up 175 maybe 2-3 times if I'm warmed up. I used to run 8 miles a day, now I can walk maybe 2 miles but my knees flare up. Strangely enough I have a much better endurance and tolerance for sparring, lightly, in the ring.

Last fight I had I won, but I swear I was hurting way more than my opponent the next day, who was a 6'6 275 lb giant, I'm a 6'3 235 lb (my ideal fighting weight is 210-215 and my trainer wants me at 190 for crusier fights because I have a high KO percentage for an amateur even an amateur heavyweight. So he says I'd have more speed and the same power and really dominate the cruiser division here locally, who knows how I'd do at the olympics if I ever made it there, or Golden Gloves) Anyway, I got a lot to deal with anxiety-wise, I have aspergers, PTSD, a herniated stomach and back, I've had three people die in my arms, one peacefully (my grandpa, I was 10, he just...couldn't breathe anymore), one bloodily (a boy hit by a car, I'll never forget the feeling of him convulsing and how tears streamed down his face right as he let out this gurgling-sigh that haunts me), and one violently, in an act of self defense, I was in the right, but I don't want to talk about that. I've also had to shoot two men and somehow they got REALLY lucky because I hit them both in near-vital areas in spite of it happening so fast and being so dark, .45 hollow point, too. Gold Dots.

Then last summer I was slashed and had an attempted mugging, I fended off both me nand have a police report on most of these and doctors reports/pictures of the injuries. I'm a trouble for magnet and so are a few other people I know. A few are even like me, we got out of the gang life and the violnt life years ago yet it still finds us. I'm sure at least part of it is my fault for even subconscoiusly seeking out these situations

example: the mugging took place in the worst part of town, I was walking alone with a bag going to a tent-city behind a K-mart in a wooded area off of Redwood Rd and 3500 south, Salt Lake, Utah, and this big black guyh, as tall as me and wider and somewhat ripped (his arms were bigger than mine and mine are 15 1/2'' and fairly solid and considering how out of shape I am it's one of the few points of pride I have) and a guy who looks like "Skinny Pete" from Breaking Bad. Anyway, I fended them off but got slashed by the bigger gentleman, I ended up capturing his knife-hand and dislocating his shoulder by trying to roll him, I did it wrong but it worked out well, his resistence was very strong and didn't work out at all like I'd practiced in my Judo and Aikido classes. Right then I lurched my head back and a rock skidded across my forehead and I lashed out a low-kick into the smaller Skinny-Pete-Looking-MuthaFucka :P and he went down screaming about his knee and I kicked him while was down as I Was totally scared sh*tless, in fact I nearly pissed myself-and then I hit the big guy as harda s I could with a rock and ran.

So far I'm officially at 13 months no incident. Looking forward to another 120 years without another, except if it's in the ring. :)

Meanwile I will keep using methadone, vicodin (as needed), and benzos as I need to, to get better. And do my very very best to wean off. I am so sorry for everyone's losses here, and I completely understand the very emotional aspects to what is going on here.

PEronsally my cannabis use has cut down my drug abuse by 98%, I no longer buy oxcycontin or other hard stuff other than methadone which is really the most hardcore opiate out there due to the length of the withdrawal symptoms. But all in all its great for pain, bad to get off of, lethal with a bunch of other drugs, but tolerable and acceptable depending on who you are.

Dont get offensive of the truth.  My husband was a healthy 33 year old with a back injury when he lost his life here on earth to Methadone and Xanax combination.  He left a wife, 10 year old daughter, 4 year old boy with down's syndrome, and 17 year old step son because his Pain Management physician prescribed him Methadone and Xanax combination on Feb. 28 of this year.  Four months later our 4 year old son with down's syndrome found his da da in the recliner cold.  He had went to sleep and never woke up.  He took his daily prescription of the combo as he was prescribed by his physician and he quit breathing.  The Medical Examiner states cause of death:  Mixed drug intoxication/Accidental due to Methadone and Xanax combination.  I tried contacting my husbands physician and he would never return my calls but had his nurse call me and said physician would not schedule a meeting with me unless I fax a copy of the Medical Examiners report.  I have hired an attorney that is going to take my case with no charge until we win the case.  I told attorney that I wasnt concerned about any money as long as this physician is punished for negligence and most of all save the life of another person that is taking this combination.  I have prayed for 14 weeks before the Medical Examiner report came back and God has led me in the direction that I need to go.  All of you out there taking Methadone and Xanax combination you are a ticking time bomb and obviously are high while your reading all these stories of loved ones that have lost their loved ones because of these two drugs taken together.  I wish there was a way I could attach a picture of my 5 year old son on this website because I would love for everyone to see a true Angel sent from God Almighty too see his da da off to heaven.

I'm praying for all of you with loved ones that has relocated to heaven and for the ones of you suffering with your addiction, please just stop the pills, go through the withdrawls with your faith in God and he is the only way you will survive this addiction.  My husband was saved and I have no doubt that he is in heaven watching over us and on occasions he visits as a butterfly and my family is at peace.  God Bless all of you.

i m about 6 weeks pregant and i ve been on methdone and xanax for years . i m on 90 mg of methdone 6mg of xanax what do you think i should do i want to have this baby any advise

y mix vicodin with methadone? methadone blocks the effect of other opiates, if taking more than 50 ml of methadone, you will not even feel any amount of vicodin. you could shoot up a gram of herion and not feel it. that is why methadone is used to GET OFF other opiates. Methadone simply satifies the opiate craving,,,,or dopesickness,without getiing you high. if you wanna get high on vicodin, or any opiate get rid of the methadone.

As far as xanax mixed with opiates, alcohol or any cns depressenents = VERY DANGEROUS it intesifies your opaite or alcohol high tremendesly but u better make sure you kno your tolerance levels cuz i kno 2 people in the graveyard who didnt. Even if you are highly tolerant to opiates ,introducing xanax to the mix is about the most dangerous mix i can think of. pls be carefull and dont die tryin to get high. get rid of the methadone and add the xanax in very small increments to your vicodin or any other opiate use. hope thst helps.

I agree with you completely! And don't let people on here tell you any different. I have known several people that have died mixing these thinking that nothing could happen to them because they knew what they were doing. Only once you fall asleep, you have no control. One friend fell asleep and died on my friend's sofa. He certainly didn't think it would happen but it did. He also thought it was fine to mix opiates with xanax. I think some people won't believe it until they actually experience it themselves which is so sad! It's something you never get over.

i am so sorry about your son.i am a carpenter,out of work this week.also a recovering opiate addict.i take 50mg of methadone a day.have been taking low dose of xanax past 2 weeks,today the xanax is no longer going to be taken.thanks to your short testamoney about your son.God bless you.Ive lost 6good friends to some form of this behavior.mostly herion.but to me its all the same to me.Again thank you.bless you.

u should have new that was going to happen u mixed zanax with methadone.I use to take 2or 3 hundred mg and take 5or10 bars at a time I i guess my time has not ran outI was shooting every thing.everything.but then i found subutex it saved my life.I've should of been died along time ago but i guess i have a purpose here on earth .u learn from your mistakes.peace THANKS

Im sorry to hear that. I just recently got put on methadone to help get off of pain pills. I used to love taking xanaxs with my pain pills! Last Saturday I took my dose of methadone at 7:00. 12:00 rolled by and I started mumbling about things that didn't make since, said my friend, and kept nodding off. I couldn't walk, it was like I was drunk. But here's the thing. I didn't ANYTHING that day but the night b4 I took 15xanaxs(high tolerance). I had a doctor/counseling appointment April 3rd at 1:30. I took my dose at 8:00am that day. It happened again. I don't remember much but my friend was there and told me I looked and acted like I was pill drunk or drunk. But I hadn't taken anything that day but the night b4 I took 10xanaxs. I blacked out for almost 4 hours April 3rd. U don't remember anything from 1:30 until about 5 or 6pm. So, I do believe that taken xanax with methadone is a very VERY bad choice. I have a very high tolerance to every pill but these two do not go well together.

I'm just wanting to know if it's safe to mix,I'm prescribed them I'm not wanting to see how much I can take but to all of you who play Russian rullett please be safe. I believe in the quality of life over quantity,having said that I want a great pain free long life don't. So be at a good quality of life without pushing to the edge so u too will have a Quantity of life along with your Quality Quality. Whisper in the wind my friend's 

Thank you.. notfor nothing... I was considering this and, after reading some of these comments, including yours..... NO WAY! I am so sorry for your loss. Please be comforted in knowing that you HAVE helped me. Thank you so much.

My best friend just died and she was abusing methadone and zanax. She went to sleep never again woke up.