When i was 17 I did something stupid and went to jail for a year and put on 45lbs. Then a few months after I got home I got pregnant with my daughter. Then when she was three months old I got pregnant again despite the pill. I was 198lbs. when I got pregnant with my son. He is now almost 2 months old. Now with a 14mo. old and a 2 mo. old I have no time in the day to exercise. I don't get enough sleep and I eat on the go. How can I get back down to a healthy weight. I am now 204lbs. and only 5'2". I need help.

Hi sachavez,

The best thing you can do now is stay as active as possible around your two kids. If you are breastfeeding your son, he will take a lot from you and help you lose weight. Don't eat any left-overs from your children, eat only the food you planned for yourself.
Eating the kids left-overs will get you to gain even more weight.

I know you are tired, it is exhausting but don't try to use any stimulants to keep you awake. They will only get you to feel more tired after they wore off. Try to get short naps during the day when your children are sleeping and you will be just fine.

Do you have anyone to help you around the kids, take them for a walk until you get some rest? If you can organize someone to help you for at least an hour, that would mean a lot to you.

Good luck

Here are two very good articles, try to incorporate at least some of the tips into your daily routine to get some rest:

Best Ways to Fall Asleep Faster and Easier

Napping Tips for Better Relaxation

Hi
Here are some ideas: Turn your time with your kids into activity time with you. Instead of watching them....think of ideas that will stimulate them and help you get some exercise. You should also keep snacks, etc. out of the house...the temptation is too great. If you need to snack, get fruits, baby carrots, etc. They won't be as fun, but they may satisfy your desire to have something in your mouth, if you know what I mean. Exercising could present a health issue, so talk to your doctor before you exercise. Try not to make your weight a worry. This might cause you to want to eat. I know you will be successful.

Well I have to agree with dsdesk, try to watch you kids in a way that you can have your exercises, play some games that are really consumption on your energy. Kids have so much energy and sometimes they can bee hyper active. I know when i play with little children i usually get so tired and i fill like I've lost a few pounds :-)

Well what I think would be good for you and your kids are long walks. Walking is a great form of exercise. Take your children and go to a nearby park. The fresh air will do you good and will help you relax. Your children will benefit also from the clean air and sunshine.
For a diet try eating whole food. Make it so that 60% to 70% of your diet is made of whole food. You will feel light, energized and slowly but surely you will lose weight.
Get into the habit of eating healthy and doing as many physical activities as you can. That's the formula to getting fit and staying fit in my opinion.

Hi Chavez,
I'm going to say something totally opposite from what you are getting from everyone else... don't worry about the exercise... you get plenty with your kids. Besides... you don't really lose weight with exercise. You lose weight only by reducing your calorie intake. Don't get me wrong. There's lots of benefit from exercise it's just that weight loss isn't very high on the list. I recommend the R&D Diet Cookie. I too started out at 204 lbs and went down to 172 with very little effort. I care for my 92 yr old mother full time and cook for her all the time and I'm never tempted to eat "her" food. I usually have no will-power so that shows you how well the R&D Diet Cookies do in keeping you satisfied and not hungry. It's basically a tool that allows you to stay on a very low calorie diet and lose weight quickly. After you lose the weight you want to lose, then you can concentrate on eating healthy and all that. Good Luck!

Hi Sachavez:
Have you found a healthy diet that might work for you. Did any of the posts help you? I hope so. You have to find what will work for you body. Be sure that it is balanced and healthy, especially if you are nursing the baby. Google the term "Food Pyramid." There you will find the daily recommended nutritional values, as you might already know. Stay with the recommended servings, etc. Try to eat small portions throughout the day. That practice will keep your metabolism working. I hope all of the info has been helpful. Please let me know what you have decided and if you needed any more support or advice. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Eat a healthy diet and watch the portion of your meals. Also to regularly insert exercises during the day. Be physically active to burn the energy that comes from the food you eat.