I have this too. I noticed the lump in the fall of 2011 went to the Dr. and they all say hernia. Although how can they tell by poking around. The position bas def. changed over the past week (May 2012) but it goes in immediately when you touch it. I keep stressing how can they know without doing tests?? Arghhh Stressed Mama of 3 :(

hello, im only 17 and my stomach is hard and has a huge lumb, last time i went to the doctor for it it was cositpateion, but i now go to the bathroom regularly, but everytime i lay down on my side my stomach shifts to that side.. what could this be... i havnt gained a pound but my boobs are bigger.... my boyfriend noticed it or i wouldnt of known.

I have visited the doctor today who told me it is a fatty tumour called lipoma, googled that and I'm not convinced going to get a referral for 2nd opinion as the doctor has told me to come back in 2 months

i have this same problem...i looked up floating kidney, and it seems to fit. also, i am real skinny as well....and whatever this issue is, it has kept me at an unhealthy weight because I am so nauseas every day that i cannot eat. Im a 19 yr old male, 6'3" AND i weigh 145 lbs......
I do tend to overexert myself on an empty stomach, and I barely ever sleep. These are two things that can cause a floating kidney. if anyone finds any more information, please post back......I have had this problem since I was about ten years old.....i Have become quite depressed from it as well, but thats because i have been sick for 9 years, and no one can figure it out

Its your kidney. I just got back from the doctor.

I have the exact same thing and have since I was 14.. Did you ever find anything else about it?? If so please email me.. I went to do the doctor about it before but they couldn't even feel it then.. If you have any information that could help me I would really appreciate it :)

Mine is exactly like yours! I'm 20 and I need an answer.. If you ever found anything out please help me..

So I was having the same symptoms. I'm also 14. I'm in the hospital right now because of it and they told me it is a cyst. Whoever has symptoms like these need to get it checked out!

Can I just say that I have one on the left, one on the right and one up between my rib cage. I feel there is no reason to worry at all, so many people have this, iv'e heard it is very common within thin people, it's just the way your stomach is. You only have a need to worry if you are getting pains or the lump doesn't move about. Otherwise I am almost completly adoment you are completly normal :)

I have this exact same feeling and I'm 15 I was wondering what your doctor told you ir was

I also have felt a large lump that moved but only just noticed it since having my son. I have lost quite a bit of weight and am probably smaller than I've ever been. I have attributed this to intestines digesting food, basically a bowel movement making its way thorugh... i figured being this is the reason why I can feel it better than before

has anybody also lost theyre balance? i have the same problem but mines uncomfy, i get pains in my leg and when holding my child i feel like im going to fall over? i also have a horrid pain under my arm but when i feel for lumps or pains i cant find anything... i had a  c section 22 months ago but the problems started about a year ago..doctors have found nothing, in bloods and being examined but now its really makin me ill :(

You need to go to a urologist and have an IVP done. I am have gone through the same issues for 5 months trying to get a diagnosis. I have had every test done and been misdiagnosed 3 time. It is my right kidney sticking out mt abdomen. I too lost weight have nausea and pain. Problem with getting this diagnosed is most test are done lying down and the kidney falls into place. The IVP X-rays I had done they had me standing and rolled me on my side and discovered my kidney dropped three inches and completely folded over - very painful in my side, front and back. A simple ultrasound of " the lump" out of place will also determine what it is. This is very rare so you need to find a urologist ( not a nephrologist) that has dealt with it before. My surgery is set for 10/24 and I have never been more excited to have a surgical procedure. It is a simple laparoscopic fix! Good luck.

Hey everyone.  Several months ago I came across this page and was experiencing the same symptoms.  Since then I have been treated by a holistic doctor and she diagnosed me with a duodenal ulcer/h. pylori infection.  I highly recommend being tested for the h.pylori bacteria because it is present in 90% of ulcers.  The lump I felt was my duodenum cramping up from the pain of the ulcer!  I felt it mostly in the morning accompanied by loose stool.  After taking antibiotics/antacids for two weeks followed by probiotics I am feeling about 90% better. Good luck and I really hope this helps some of you because I know how scary/aggravating this can be!!!

Hi, :-D

I decided I will post something, mine is similar... Im 19 years old. 5'4 weigh 108lbs. Ive always been sick by many many different things. I have had h.pylori when I was about 17. I had to go  through many sets of anti biotics because it would not go away. I moved away and never had a follow up from my reg GI. Then I did a breath test at my new hospital and they said its gone. The thing is, I hear the breath test is not so accurate. So if you have it or want to check, ask for a stool sample AND blood test. When you have a blood test pos, it will basically stay there. if its pos in stool, you have luck!

ANYWAYS, last month, when ever i strained my muscle for bowel movements, I felt something like.. move up on the right side of my abdomen. I even heard a popping noise. Nothing popped, but Im sure it was because something was rubbing against each other when I strained it. its basically tender on the whole right side now.  At first, it didnt hurt but the movement was getting more and more constant. (when I laugh, cough, sneeze) NOW, its very tender on that whole side! It bothers me! It feels like a baseball is just sitting in there the whole time. its always discomforting. I eat pretty healthy and in small meals. I don't smoke or drink.

When I try to feel for a lump, its difficult. I have to kind of slouch and it feels like a hard big lump. Now, I would be thinking it was constipation but the thing is is that it it started with the whole something moving and popping! I doubt thats constipation! It also doesnt feel much like a muscle. Maybe hernia? But no where online says things about the popping noise with the movement. I hope someone understands. If you have the same thing, please reply to this so I will get notified. Id love to talk.

1.I have no fever I dont think.

2.My back behind it kind of hurts

3.I get full easily

I havent went to the doctors for this yet. I have an appt dec 26. 

I have had blood tests done it shows Im anemic and low on vitamin D which Im working on. Thyroid is a little on the lower end but considered normal. 

Ive had other tests but they were for different stuff. THANK YOU!