This is ridiculously embarassing but at random times of the day, I'll catch a wiff and I feel like it's me.. I shower everyday and wipe my butt after taking a dump but the smell is still there. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just imagining it  - it's there and then it goes away. The scary thing is that sometimes I'll start to feel like something is running down my leg - it never is but it really feel like it. No, i'm not on drugs either.

So the feeling usually comes around if i'm nervous or anxious. As far as I know, its never been running down my leg but just the thought of it is frightening!

I just had my booty call from last night tell me that my butt smelled really bad during sex. I took a shower that morning and wiped clean after going to the bathroom.

Sometimes in the middle of the day, I can feel my ass being wet. I'll go wipe even after not having taken a dump.

I work for a pretty serious company where we have a ton of meetings and conference calls. All i can think about during those calls is if my ass smells, I always check the seat after I get up to make sure I didn't leave a spot, i avoid white chairs/ sofas and it's f*****g horrible. I can't concentrate and talk to high power execs if I'm worried my ass smells or is leaking.

Please help - this is debilitating!

Hi Need,

See your doctor for an exam.  To start with you need to rule out hemorrhoids.  They can cause many of these symptoms.

Good luck.

Tri gaurd plus- grape seed extract put in on area and put it in drink as well. I had same or similair problem but this worked for me.. Hope this helps.

Caution: I am not a doctor - I am an engineer. The information I share below is what I have followed to see significant results. If I start by saying it is a result of combination of many things, please do not get fed up. I do not want to go one to say wash your ass every day because I know must have exhausted all those practices by now - personally, I have been on barrels of beer, pizza, high dairy diet and I consider myself little obese. First thing I did was cut the morning cereal with milk - no more - second best thing I have ever done is - have two glasses of warm water -- not hot water - in the morning with half of lemon juice in them with all the pulps and everything -- after drinking this water, do not eat or drink anything at least for an hour -- benefits are remarkable -- while you are searching for things that may convince you more for a remedy - why not try this -- it is not much of expenses buying 7 lemons a weeks. Hope that helps

I know this thread is kind of old but I hope you still read this.. Use something that is wide and tall enough and use it when you have to take a poo. Make sure it is sturdy and the same height of their squatty potty. Make sure you lean forward also. It helped me with my problem, with my anal leakage and nasty butt smell... Because using the toilet can actually cause things like constipation, hemorrhoids, colon disease, pelvic floor issues and urinary difficulties.. I was shocked to know that those things can be caused from sitting on the toilet, but it shows you a diagram and everything..After noticing immediate results I was so frustrated that I waited this long to figure this out! I could've had 7 years of my life back, but at least I can enjoy looking forward to the years ahead now. I hope this works for you! Good luck

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Also I don't know if you are religious or not, but I know praying has really helped me. I just believe in prayer because this was only solved after doing that.

don't fill you stomach 100 percent and leave it a bit empty that you feel after eating you are still a bit hungry. don't overfill your stomach with soda and water. just drink enough of what you need.cut down soda consumption by half of what you drink now. chew your food slowly and efficiently. cut down beef and pork consumption by half. be active in sports and jogging.

Hi Suffered from this for the last 6-7 years and it is genuinely distressing. Tried various things. The items below worked.
12 March 2014 onwards - cut out all fizzy drink, bread, and substituted with Milk, Fruit and veg.
Sunday 14 April 2014 did 10 box jumps - No Anal leakage.

Tuesday 16 April 2014 did 20 box jumps. Aim to be able to do 100 box jumps / day by sunday 21 April 2014.

All Anal leakage to date totally gone. Prior to this I would have residue on my jocks and very damp and smelly patches on my trousers. I hope this helps someone else. Please take it easy on the box jumps at the beginning as they will leave you breathless quickly.

I had the same problem due to shoving a plunger handle up my ass at a young age, it caused leakage that was smelly, I grew fond of the smell but still hate the leaking ass. the herb ,"mint" does a great job in masking the stinky , I place two leaves in my panties and never have to worry about embarrasing moments at the office. Good luck.

Sounds like you have overactive apocrine sweat glands. Apocrine sweat glands are the sweat glands that produce the sweat that causes BO, and they're only found on/around our genitals, anus, and armpits. That sounds really tough and would be highly embarrassing! The only suggestions I can make are to keep a wad of toilet tissue/Kleenex in your "crack", or use anti-perspirant regularly in that area. Those both sound funny but, desperate times sometimes call for strange measures!!!!!

Btw... another possibility could be an anal fissure or as mentioned previously, hemorrhoids. I would suggest going to the Dr and requesting getting checked for an anal fissure.

Have been battling the exact same problem for 5 years, started at age 45. Been thru all the tests and probes, Dr. found nothing wrong. I have a lot of heat in my genital an anus area, thinking now this maybe jock itch or a rectal yeast infection. Will try a lotrimine cream to see if it works.

wow that is funky stuff

Ohkay first if all this is hilaarious !! Ahahaha. N yes i seem to be havin these problems as well. Hemoroids, ass sweat smell. Freaked me the hell out n i still am kinda though makin the researches has helped me calm down n actualy see the fun side of this. Though it sucks. Damn warm feelin creepin between ur buts aint sumthing youd wana feel when at work or sum place u no. Yeah so i sugest its time to say hello to ur doc. :) seriously this sucks..donkey balls.

It's probably your diet. Too much oil in your diet will cause what you are describing.