Hi, i am 12 years old and im 175. My mom always yell at me for being so fat and I feel really sad, i must admit i am really fat but i just hate when my mom does that i feel like crying! I really like this guy but when ever i see him i just turn around and walk away because im fat. i am trying to lose weight but i get to lazy to exercise and i feel like eating more and more sweets and junk food. my friend is skinny and i want to be skinny just like her but i just cant lose weight. and its summer here and i feel like wearing a bikini to the beach but i just wear my shorts and a tank top and sit on my beach towel and to nothing even though i want to have fun! please tell me what i should do!

listen i have the same problem i am 107 and 12 and im short so its worse i hate it when people call me fat and my best friend is skinny too. i feel really insecure and i want to be skinny but i dont know how either! its really hard sometimes but be proud of who you are and try your best

I have felt the same way and i dnt know what to do it would seem easier if our parents would help us but they usually dnt so we are probably on our own so just keep trying!! im 12 and think im fat my friends are so supportive but some how i still think i am fat .....we think that  the guy we like doesn't like us because we r fat its not that is because we have no self confidence!!! My mom tells me if i wanna get results then i should try if you dnt try you'll never succeed

Your mom yelling at you for being heavier (which is not your fault) is actually parental abuse. It's emotional abuse, and you can seek help and/or report it. Most people have only heard about physical abuse, but there's many variations of abuse. Definition of verbal abuse-  can be the most difficult to identify because there are usually no outward signs of the abuse. Emotional abuse happens when yelling and anger go too far or when parents constantly criticize, threaten, or dismiss kids or teens until their self-esteem and feelings of self-worth are damaged. Emotional abuse can hurt and cause damage just as physical abuse does. If it gets serious tell another person that can help you. Drink lots of water too it will curb your hunger. Hope things work out :) Best of luck <3

Hey, I'm 13 and I'm 160 I am also very active and eat pretty healthy whenever i was 12 i was 177!! You may just be hitting hormones because 12 is when I started to develop. You need to ask you're mom to take you to a diet doctor and find a healthy BUT STEADY diet. My problem is that im 5'10 so I look even wider. I play alot of sports so i know it isnt that. I have no matabilism to help me loose weight. I just work my body out HARD!!!! So dont worry whenever you find a healthy die for your age and a good exercise you should start dropping weight fast!

Hi Im 12 Years Old And Weigh 160 Pounds

Hi. I'm 12 years old and I weigh 132 pounds. IM honestly not fat and I'm sure you're not either. I'm a cheerleader and I have a lot of mussels! I'm really strong. Just remember that mussel weighes MORE than fat (it's true). My doctor says I'm a very healthy weight ecause of my mussels. Eat healthy and go for a 30 minute to 1 hour run every day! I do. When this year (2013) started I was 167 pounds and EXTREMELY insecure. I went for runs and rode my bike. I lost over 30 pounds in just 3 months! Most immportantly remember everyone is beautiful not matter you're weight and be confident. Don't let what other people think ruin your good times! Have fun this summer!

I am exactly the same, my mom yells at me too, but shes not skinny herself, Just try...and tell her how you feel

That's no good to yell at someone because they are overweight. However, try to do some exercises just to keep fit and free of cholesterol and stuffs. Maybe using some natural diet complement will help.

i feelyour pain my mum used to shout at me to loe weight and since she was tell me to lose weight i wanted to add more weight.i used to wait for the guy i like afrter school then i would panic and say no im fat then run home.my mum is really quiet now and says she will not say anyting anymore its my life and so now i am really trying to loose weight.did u lose the weight u wanted.

Omg im sorry!!!!

god made you beautiful don't listen to what your mom says. i think that you have the confidence to be brave to your mom and say that you would need to stop telling you rude words. and you do not have to jog or do hard push ups you can do push ups on the wall. and when you are in your room you can do an exercise on the bed. which is that you put one leg in the air for a few seconds. of couse you are a teenage girl and like some boys. but always have confidence. this is a talk 11 year old i repeat a talk 11 year old

YOUR ARE NOT FAT. you, my friend, are a good weight and should not try to become thinner. these type of thoughts lead to anorexia

I am having the same issue. Im 180 (i lost 5 pounds so far) and I'm getting always seeing my thin friends while I have a pot belly. Its really gross, but i started exercising and trying to eat better.
My advice to you is that is does get better, and try not to compare yourself to others, it only makes you upset more psychology.

Most likely YOUR MOM HAS IMAGE ISSUES WITH HERSELF! Regardless of if your fat...WHO CARES, perhaps SHE should have encouraged a better nutrition value when you were younger. Its not about being "skinny" but more about healthy heart and lungs...DONUTS DONT MAKE US FAT....LACK OF EXERCISE DOES. Start off going for walks and mild activities, riding bikes or jumping rope. alittle each day. Also try to find out your favorite fruit or veggie and try to snack on that more than the other stuff. Finally, drink more water instead of grabbing for a snack, ABOVE ALL ELSE LOVE YOURSELF!!! Sad and depressed people have the hardest time loosing weight. Forgive your mom, and stop listening to her.. you might be overweight, but thats not entirely your fault, SHE lacked the knowledge of helping you right.
This post was from a year ago so your 13 now. Most gym memberships allow 13 year olds to go workout. Check out the local YMCA. walk on treadmill, stair step or cycle for 30 mins and then lift weights to strengthen core. AND FOR PETES SAKE GO SWIMMING!!! You dont have to be in a bikini,,but get out there and have fun. Be thankful your only chunky and not covered with scars or paralyzed or dying from cancer. ALL YOU GIRLS...YOU ARE NOT DONE GROWING. BE NICE TO YOURSELF.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use