Hello everyone.

My little kitty is finally better :) She is healthy and she is bigger every day. But, for the a couple of days, I am seeing some male cats that are there, near my garden, and I am pretty sure that they are haunting my dear Hope.  I really don’t want any kittens, because I know that I won’t be able to take care of them, and I am considering to spay my cat.

Now, since she is very young, she is about four to five months old, and I don’t know can I do this now?

When to spay a cat? 

Hey you,

When it comes to spaying your cat, it’s pretty good to do it when she is still a kitten, but you should never do it before she is eight weeks old. Basically, it’s best to do it before she goes in heat for the first time. Vets say that the best time would be when she is around 5 months old. My cats all got spayed when they were around 3 months old. If you want to do it and your cat has already been in heat before, don’t make a mistake and spay her while she is in heat. It can cause some problems and there could be further complications.

Hey there.

I really can talk about this from my own experience, because I have a female cat as well.

I did it when she was a kitten. She was nine weeks old.

Definitely, the best time to do this is before your cat goes into heat for the first time, because this will prevent unwanted litters, but also, it can’t prevent some possible health issues later in your cat’s life.

Yes, it is true, the best time to spay your cat is when she is eight weeks old. Also, you should know that your little pet needs to be at least 2.2 pounds weight before this surgery. 

Hello. When you are spaying your cat, it is recommended for kitties between 4 and six months of age. But, if you are spaying your cat when she is just 8 weeks old, this is really safe, according to a lot of experts. But, also, you should know that every kitty is unique, and maybe it is not safe for her to be spayed at this age. I don’t know. But there is someone who knows. Your vet. That is why you need to consult him all the time, because I do know that some kitties must be spayed by 3 months of age, others require it at 5 months of age, some of them by 6 months of age. 

Hey everyone,

I wouldn’t really agree about spaying a cat as young as 8 weeks old. It can cause her to become more susceptible to diseases.

The best time would be when she is about 5 months old, as somebody already mentioned. Anyway, just try to do it before she gets in her first heat.

If she happens to get in heat before you spay her, just do it after her heat passes. Never do it while she is in heat. And no matter what her age is, if you want to spay her, you can. As my friend would say, it’s better now than never.

Hello.

I totally do agree with other members about when to spay your cat, but I still have to say that this depends.

All cases are really different.

But, I think that, traditionally, female cats should be spayed when they are six months old. This is the last chance to do this.

I don’t know should you do this before or later, this is your choice and your vet choice as well.

But, it is definitely that you should do this. This has so many medical benefits as well, but if you don’t want more kittens, you should do this…as soon as you get this chance :)

Hello.

I am not saying that I am smart or something like that :) No way.

But, I think that my answer is right, because I was talking with three vets about this issue in the last two days.They both told me that this is definitely the best time to spay a cat, because this is something that we all must do, if we don’t want to have some extra puppies or cats, in this case.

Your cat should not be underweight, because in that case, your vet will refuse to spay a cat.

But, of course, consulting is always a great idea. 

Hello everyone.

I just want to stress how important it is not to spay your cat while she is in heat. As someone mentioned earlier if you spay her while in heat you could seriously harm her health. Also, you should be careful when it comes to your cat’s age. My cousin made a mistake and spayed his cat when she was just was 2 months old and that made some really big problems with cat’s health.

The ideal time for spaying cat is before her first heat but after she is completely matured. If you ask me, that is around the 5th or 6th month of her life.

I can agree on literally everything that is said above. I'm an owner of four cats, they are my only company and I take good care of them. They were basically all picked up from the street when they were little because I couldn't just leave them there. I had them vaccinated and spayed when they were about four and a half months old. I had an adult cat before them, I don't know her age since I found her almost dead and took her to the vet and saved her life. As soon as she got better, I spayed her. The important part is that you do it. Just wait till she's not too young or in heat.