I am a 14 years old boy and recently got an Xbox360 because I love playing Halo at my friends' houses. They allow me to play it and COD at other people's houses, but won't let me buy it. They are Christians and say that our house should be a safe place without violent games and other stuff like that. If there are any other guys that have dealt with strict parents and can give me some advice on how to persuade them it. Would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds very hypocritical to me that your parents let you play games lake Halo and COD outside your house, but won't let you buy them. And most of us did face that kind of parent's behavior on one occasion or the other - for example you have parents who smoke and who preach for hours about dangers of smoking to their kids. But, if you try to talk to them and explain that it's hypocritical to let you play "violent games" but not own them, I'm afraid that that might get you into mess of them not letting you play them at all.

My parents never have been strict with me. However they never bought video games for me violent or not. I always ended up buying them myself. After that, they didn't really care. I would say however, that they are your parents, you live under their roof, and you should respect their wishes. I would follow the advice that Nikols gave. Talk to them and explain how you are feeling. Then again, it could lead to you never going back to your friends house again.

@Nikols I guess this is a switch up from talking to possibly pregnant girls.