Please note: this is a long post. I would sincerely appreciate it if you read it though, as my issue is pretty serious and I could really use some sage advice. I've been a steady cannibus user for four years. What started as a 2 to 3 night a week thing as a way to help me relax after work (before I lost my job during the financial meltdown) turned into an every day affair when I developed sudden neurosensoral hearing loss in my right ear, coupled with incredibly loud, incurable tinnitus in both ears which causes me sleepless nights, panic disorder, anxiety, and bad depression. No doctor to date has been able to explain to me why this happened, nor has anyone been able to prescribe a medication that helps in any way, shape, or form (some of the anti anxiety/depression meds have made things worse). Cannibus is the only medicine that makes life livable at this point. It helps me sleep, it takes the edge off the panic that this constant and incredibly loud noise causes, it makes me want to eat, and it relieves my depression like nothing else. I've gone as far as to attempt starting my own business just to avoid having to get a "real" job and thus be forced to subject myself to invasive and pretty much gauranteed pre-employment (and possibly post-employment) drug screenings, as I simply can't imagine going through life like this with no relief ever being available to me. I live in NJ, so the law is most definitely not on my side whatsoever in terms of employee rights, and there's no way I'm eligible for an MMJ card here. I'm doing everything I can to tailor my job search to fields that are unlikely to do random drug screenings. I know that my chances of escaping a pre-employment screening are slim to none though, regardless of the field. After looking extremely hard, I've finally landed two job prospects. One of them is for a company that manufactures and sells hospital devices like test tubes, hoses, clamps, and things of that nature. They will most definitely want me to pre-test, as they had me sign a waver the day of the interview. The waver stated that they would require a pre-employment screening, and that they may (I focused on the word "MAY") require continued-employment screenings. It's hard to tell if they had me sign that for insurance reasons only or if they're really serious about that. The other company is a real estate appraisal company. I doubt they will care what I do in my free time, but I don't want to take any chances as far as a pre-employment screening goes. I forced myself to stop smoking on January 2nd, 2013, so that I could clean out and find some work. It's been a struggle (no sleep, deeply depressed, anxious all the time), but I managed to stay sober right up until February 11th, when my husband and I found out that our apartment is ONCE AGAIN infested with bedbugs and we're being forced to move out. I basically had a child-like fit, said, and pardon my french, f**k IT I'm not getting any responses from jobs anyway, and decided to smoke a few bowls. Well, guess what...two days after making that decision I got not one but TWO CALLS from these two seperate companies, and they're both pretty serious about hiring me. I have a second interview with the hospital equipment manufacturing company on Tuesday, which is the same day I'm supposed to be hearing from the real estate company about who they've decided to hire. Now that I've gone and ruined my fast, tell me, what can I do to prepare myself for the inevitable piss test??? I'm 5'2, 120lbs, female. I usually do 30 minutes of cardio and lift some weights at least 3 to 4 times a week but I've recently stepped it up a notch to try and speed up my metabolism. Also, I'd really appreciate some insight as to whether or not I should honestly expect to be randomly drug tested throughout the year by this manufacturing company. My job, should I get it, would mostly consist of desk work. They are offering to pay me more and frankly I'd rather work for them. But my desire to live a tolerable life where I'm not constantly harassed by this engulfing anxiety and panic caused by this unstoppable alarm clock inside my head is trumping alot of my other desires at the moment. Please help...and thank you.  

Can't help you much, but I can give you some insight based on my own limited knowledge and experience... it might sound a bit weird and vague, so I will not blame you if you discard it. I will not attempt to defend the things below either.

I think your tinnitus is strongly related to your anxiety and stress. As doctors cannot explain this, it is probably a defense mechanism of your brains to keep you distracted from certain (un)conscious emotions that are the real cause of your symptoms. It is an irrational way of the brain to keep unconscious emotions from exploding into the conscious, by starting all kinds of weird sympoms in your body and mind (pain, anxiety, depression, sinusproblems, stomach problems etc. etc, the list goes on and on). Often these symptoms cause more anxiety and rage, which gives you the feeling that the tinnitus is causing all. It takes away the possibility for you to realize that it is the anxiety and rage that started it all in the first place. I don't think the cannabis is helping you with that and neither are the anti-anxiety/anti-depressant medicines, as they won't help you get rid of the unconscious emotions of rage (child-like fit...). You might think the cannabis is helping you, but as you write yourself, it is giving you lots of stress right now afterwards, because of the possible interferences with getting and holding onto a job.

I suggest you read something about mindbody symptoms (MBS) or tension myositis symptoms (TMS) to discover for yourself if my assumptions may be right. One simple thing you could do is try to relate the severity of your tinnitus to your state of mind and look for things that might have fed some unconscious emotions (events, places, situations).  The mindbody symptoms theory could lead you onto a journey of recovery or the insight in this process alone could make it a short one. It depends on what is bothering your mind and whether you accept fully that it is your mind that causes all your problems. It is a journey you have to take on your own, maybe with some help from others along the way. 

I don't know much about techniques that might get you pass the urine test, there are more threads though by people with exactly the same question. So do a search on it.

Take care and sincerely hope you get your job.

ps The f**k IT response before taking up an old "bad" habit is very recognizable :)

ps2 You could attempt to look for a trigger point practicioner that is specialised in tinnitus, as it may come from little strained muscles deeply located in your jaw/head near your ears. It is however a (temporary?) cure for a symptom, not a cure for the real cause (mind). I have no personal experience with the appliance of trigger point treatment in tinnutis though.

I appreciate your imput. However, this is not helping me. I've been suffering from this condition for over 3 years. I have read into every possible cause, including what you are suggesting. I worked in a healthfood store for a year, so I've had all of these possibilities that you are suggesting thrown at me already, and I've looked into all of them. It's not my "rage" that has caused this. I was a pretty happy person before this ever started. My acoustic nerve died due to any number of conditions that couldn't be diagnosed in time because I had no insurance when it happened (remember, I said I got laid off right before this happened). The only reason I ended up getting insured was because my boyfriend married me. And yes of course the cannibis is causing me stress right now because it is illegal for reasons that are quite frankly silly and could cost me a job. If it happened to be another medication that was helping me then I wouldn't have this problem, nor would I be having this discussion. My "f**k IT" response was due to quite a number of factors...not just what you clearly perseve as my addiction. I was able to put it down with no adverse affects to my body, other than what my tinnitus does to me without some form of medical intervention. My father died recently, and now I must pick up and move for the 15th time in my 30 years. I decided that I wanted, at that moment when we discovered we'd have to pack up and go somewhere else again, to feel relief from my medical condition. You're trying to suggest that I have a drug problem, which is something I've wondered myself simply for the fact that my medicine is Schedule 1. I've even spoken to a therapist about it and she concluded that rather than having a problem with the substance, I'm using it in a way any prescribed and helpful medication would be used by a sick patient. So, thank you again for your imput, but it is not an answer to my question.

I already took in account that it wasn't... Hope things work out for you though.