I have an embarrassing problem. Few days ago I have noticed foul odor in my vagina. I went to my doctor, and he found me Chlamydia. What is the treatment for Chlamydia and how did I get it?

There are numbers or causes of vaginal odor. One of them is Chlamydia, just like in your case. You probably got it through sex, because Chlamydia is sexually transmitted disease. It is a bacterium that causes an infection that is very similar to gonorrhea. It affects approximately 4 million women every year and it is found in the cervix and urethra and can live in the throat or rectum. Chlamydia is very destructive to the Fallopian tubes and can cause infertility, tubal pregnancy and severe pelvic infection, if it's left untreated. Chlamydia can be detected by cultures or certain slide tests, but a culture is more accurate in detecting Chlamydia. Treatment of Chlamydia infection involves antibiotics, usually azithromycin or doxycycline. There are many other antibiotics that have also been effective against Chlamydia. It is up to your doctor which one he will proscribe you. Hope that everything will be ok.