I know that Optifast is Very low calorie diets (VLCD's), which should only be used where rapid weight loss is essential to health and wellbeing. I had bad luck so this diet is recommended to because there is really good reason for this. I will be supervised by medical professionals experienced in the use of modified fasting. Before I start with Optifast I would like to hear if anyone had experience with the same. I would like to know what to expect when I start with this.

I have been on Optifast for 2 weeks, and have lost 2.3 kg’s, which is good for me. I have been going to Weight Watches for 3 years but for the past 12 months I was unable to lose any weight. This was strange, considering I have cut out bread, butter, rice, potato, and pasta. My health problem is I am hypothyroid, that’s why increasing amount of carbs are better for us so we don't become Insulin resistant. I am having the Optifast shakes for breakfast and lunch, but by 3pm I feel like a snack so I have fruit or sometimes I have a little tin of tuna in brine. For dinner at night I have a plate of steamed vegetables or stir fry vegetables, only the ones we are allowed. Some times I have another piece of fruit. Bad effects of Optifast for me were that I had toilet problems. I started on Benefiber the first week, and then started with Metamucil that has helped a bit. So all in all I am pleased with this product.
I didn't starve myself, because when I feel like I am hungry, I would have a piece of fruit. Good thing was that I liked shakes. Especially when I add a bit more vanilla to the Optifast vanilla shakes.

I started Optifast under medical supervision after struggling with weight for 20 years I am diabetic 2 and was waiting for a back operation .I am on week 11 of intensive phase I have lost 10 kg I have found it relatively easy with quick results I am not hungry - just realized wanting to eat was not hunger but liking tastes and boredom. Relaxing as don't have to think about food, only having enough green vegetables and finding interesting ways to do veges
Major problem, tendency to small cheats which breaks the ketosis so weight loss less. Since Optifast I have normal bloods, normal lipids, lower blood sugars, normal triglicerides ,HBAlc is 57 Endocrinologist says that weight loss from Op tifasti first from fat from liver and pancreas so they work better.I feel better but week 11 I feel somewhat bored with the shakes and bars and soup .....I also have loose motions now and again and find it difficult to drink enough water ( essential) Best website I have found to help understand process of ketosis and glucogon is .."In sulin leptin and blood sugar- why diabetic medication fails Byron J Richards can get on internet and ignore what you don't need- the process of digestion and why weight is lost with low carb low calories diets is clear and helpful - helps you realize why cheating is not on. Hope it goes well! PS Since my modest loss of 10 kg I have so muchl ess pain in my back!!
Sarahtrust