I am scheduled to have oral surgery next week because of impacted wisdom teeth. I have to have them removed surgically because it started causing me pain and doctor told me that gum infection can develop from that condition. I’m 22, female. I’ve never had oral surgery before. I guess that this one is necessary. I’m not sure how this happened to my teeth and how dangerous it is.

It is more common situation that wisdom teeth get entrapped between the jaw bone and gums, then to develop in proper alignment. It is important to have them removed because impacted wisdom teeth can cause permanent damage of nearby gums, jaw bone and teeth. This surgical procedure is very routine as I know, I had it 3 years ago, and also had these teeth removed. The most uncomfortable in oral surgery as I think is feeling that left after anesthesia, but it is really temporal.