I'm almost 7 weeks post op from an Austin Bunionectomy with 1 screw fixation. So far things haven't been going to bad. I don't have as much range of motion in the toe as I would like at this point but I'm working on it. However for the last two days I am having some pretty bad pain just under the big toe at the ball. I'm talking the kind of pain that stops you in mid sentence.

I'm just wondering if this is normal, or if I should give the doc a call. I don't want to jump the gun, I was just in his office last week for the final x-ray's and he said everything looks great and he fitted me for orthodics. But the surgery foot is still darker than the other foot and this ball pain is new. I'm still not back to work yet...(I'm waiting on the orthodics.)

As always any advice is greatly appreciated.

Happy Healing,
Trish

Hi Trish, that type of pain this far out from surgery isn't normal, so I think you should definitely give the doc a call. How long has this been going on? Can you let me know what he ends up saying?