im a 16 year old virgin and i've shaved my pubes mabye 3-4 times in my life. The shaving started about a year ago and it has itched occassionally, but nothing that I really worried about. There have been 1-2 bumps before, but they went away. I shaved 2 weeks ago and noticed quite a few bumps down there and now there are about 20 tiny red bumps in the pubic hair area. They dont bleed and only 1-2 were like pimples and popped when squeezed. They were puss filled, but the rest of them are just completely red. They itch like crazy and I want them gone now!

These may be the result of inflammation of the hair follicles (folliculitis) which may be due to irritation from the razor or may actually be infected.  Please see your dermatologist for a more definitive diagnosis and treatment, as there are a number of different conditions that can cause bumps and itching in the genital area.

Disclaimer: Dr. Emily Altman and Advanced Skin Wisdom provides the content on this website solely for informational and educational purposes. Information provided on this website should not be considered medical advice and is not a substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Communications to or from Dr. Altman and Advanced Skin Wisdom and any person will not be considered to establish a patient/doctor relationship.