This drives me crazy. My skin is itching, especially after taking bath. I've no rash, just that horrible itchy feeling.

Itching can be due to both internal and external causes.  Dryness of the skin caused by water that is too hot or irritating soaps, among other causes, can make the skin itchy without much evidence of a rash.

There is also a long list of internal conditions, including thyroid problems, anemia, allergies to medications and many others, that can cause itching without any rashes, including itching that gets worse after bathing or showering.  This type of itching, the kind that doesn't have any signs of a rash on the skin, requires a workup including blood, urine and stool tests and a chest xray to rule out any of the possible internal conditions.  Please see a board certified dermatologist for a more definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Disclaimer: Dr. Emily Altman and Advanced Skin Wisdom provides the content on this website solely for informational and educational purposes. Information provided on this website should not be considered medical advice and is not a substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Communications to or from Dr. Altman and Advanced Skin Wisdom and any person will not be considered to establish a patient/doctor relationship.