if the hole closed and the infection came back it was probably because the hole needs to heal from the in side out and you should be on antibiotics for longer than 19 days. you probably became resistant to the medicine if they kept giving you the same one try a different and stronger one for i would say longer than 3 months. i had cellulitis in the same area and in my lower back and it caused a cyst to form it took four months but since yours keeps coming back so quickly you need a stronger medicine and for longer than 19 days. hope this helps you, good luck and God bless.

put a piece of bacon on it raw overnight and it draws out the infection

well i would really try more doctors and see if it was a possibility of staph or mrsa...and if that is the case i would seek medical attention because mrsa could be fatal

I know this thread has been dead for awhile but i thought i might step in with the Answer to all our problems.

I don't think that this is MSRA (i thought i had this at one point too). I've been looking into this for awhile now and i think I've finally found out what it is. I've also had all of these same symptoms from Very Sore and Painful Rash Like Welt on my Buttocks to Pussing Cyst like Sores which are also extremely Painful (side note: i have very large pores on my buttocks). I've been treated the same ways from Antibiotics to Antibacterial Soaps and nothing seems to work permanently. Also the bad cyst like sores leave behind smooth purple scars. If any of this sounds similar to what you have then I'd look into the very rare and always misdiagnosed Skin Disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa or HS for short. You can get further detail from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa

This is a fairy new disease and usually overlooked. It's a genetic disorder which unfortunately is un-curable. It is common in the underarms, breasts, inner thighs, groin and buttocks areas and has 3 different stages of severity starting at 1 and gradually getting worse until final phase 3 of the disease. Please i urge everybody to look into this if you think you might have it because if left undiagnosed it can be very devastating, leaving your body very scared. I hope this helps, and good luck!

-Alex

PS.
I'm no doctor and have not yet been diagnosed myself, although the last two things the Dr's couldn't figure out with me i ended up figuring it out myself and turned out to be right both times. I have a lot a free research time on my hands and my Google-ing skills are impeccable

I have the same syptoms and for the past 3 days and would like to know what to take, I am unemployed so a doctor is hard to see....the lump was small about qurter size, and is now 1 inch by 3 inches and swollen and red and painful,,,I have no soars or open cuts in area....thought it was an internal hemariod ,,,but I have no problem going to the toilet

If you want your bump get tested for MRSA, try seeing a doctor who specialize in infectious disease, they are much more meticulous and probably more willing to test you for MRSA.

Go back to the doctor. It is common for cellulitis to come back and you need an antibiotic for it to go away. I have had the same thing and it can take months for the redness to go away. Also sitting on it isn't helping. I know this first hand. I would suggest when ever possible to lay on your side and stall off of that cheek. Been there, done that.

I had the e act same thing. For several years. This last time i put black salve on it andot totally wenrt off! 4" x 3" and 1/2" thick. There were alot of hard whire spots on the Affected area after the first eschar came out. So we put more black salve on it.. Now its deeper, bigger and my entire buttock is in pain! I k ow it will get better.... Just hange in there and get it out!

I have exactly the same symptoms but i do have vaginal discharge what does that mean?

It could be a staph infections, i am dealing with the same issue antibiotics lancing, and they come back , my dermatoligist recommded that i use a benzoid peroxide wash , you can get it at any retail or drug store, also use warm compresses and put epsom salt in yiur baths, they aslo need to culture the area to see if it is staffbor MRSA then the antibiotics you are on arent stron emough to kill the bacteria completely

Where do you get black salve

Sounds like what I had in my shoulder witch was mersa .

Shingles anyone, I have the same with turns out to be Shingles.

Go get checked for a pilodental cyst. I had a similar thing, the cyst caused an infection of a great deal of tissue in my buttocks. I guess the infection spread through sinuses in the tissue

The best thing I have found is Neutrogena Rapid Clear pads. Takes about a month of daily use. But it works. I used to search the internet for a cure for these painfully bumps. I hope this helps some one.