The book I am currently reading is ‘Eat Pray Love’ by Elizabeth Gilbert. One line has really stood out to me and I`ve been thinking about it for the past few days. While she is in India, someone tells her the mind only wants peace and quiet. But, all day it hears yelling, clanging, talking, buzzing…Noise!
If this is true than what are we doing to ourselves? We wake up to buzzing alarm clock, we have the radio on in our cars, and we have the TV on in the house, phones ringing, cell phones buzzing, GPS talking at you non-stop… noise, noise, noise!
How often do you have quite, still and calm in your life? I think I have very little.
Thinking of this quite idea has made me think of the Tibetan prayer wheels. I do know that the idea behind the prayer wheel is that it keeps your mind and body together doing and thinking and doing the same thing. The body, your hand, is spinning the prayer wheel and the mind is saying a mantra. This is supposed to keep you focused, calm and relaxed. And best of all you mind has the quiet time that it needs.
What do you think of this idea? Would you use a prayer wheel to relax and give your mind a break?