I'm a 15 year old female, and recently I've noticed that my fingertips are peeling.

The skin that comes off looks like the result of blisters, but there was never any. It comes off pretty thick and dead, but there is no pain. I didn't think much of it as I chew the skin around my nails (I know, nasty habit) The peeling never passed the first knuckle, but occurred on every finger but one.

Eventually the skin healed, but after a few days there was the same peeling on the knuckles of both big toes, and after a long period swimming today (In a lake, but I usually swim in a personal salt pool)  all my toes were peeling, in the same way as my finger tips. Being as I don't chew on my feet, there's no explanation for this peeling on my toes.

I haven't found any correlation or causation, as I hadn't been swimming when the finger tip peeling started, or before the big toe peeling, and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and has some answers.