Disclaimer that many of the anatomical terms might be incorrect, I'm just estimating. 

A few weeks ago (3-4?) my vulva started to irritate, and after examination I noticed that the clitoral hood was a bit red and stung/burned upon touch, and also that there were pimple-y things along the inside of both sides of my labia minora. After some research I determined that it was because I hadn't changed out of my work out clothes fast enough that day, as well as wearing some ill-fitting, tight clothing. 

Some regular symptoms was that it burned when I touched it, and felt incredibly uncomfortable when I walked or sat, felt very itchy all the time. The pimple-looking things are a bit pointy and white at the end, and seem to line up to where the underwear might have been digging into. That night, I also had manual sex and it burned and also felt like my vagina was quite dry, although my partner has said that he didn't notice anything different. 

After a few days, it started to get a little better. My period also came and went during this time, and I'm not sure if that might influence the recovery of the skin down there. Now, the pimples are still there, but it doesn't burn quite so much anymore, and it doesn't irritate at all in my normal day-to-day life. 

I'm not really sure what's going on, as the most likely thing to me is Folliculitis, but I don't think there are any hair follicles in the region? (also I don't shave). It's unlikely that I have any sort of STI, as I haven't had intercourse, only oral and manual, and my partner doesn't have any symptoms of STIs either. Also, it only started happening, as I mentioned before, after I worked out and wore ill-fitting underwear. 

Any way, I wasn't sexually active for these few weeks so as to not irritate the skin further. Today I felt better about it and thought maybe the pimples were just skin tags or something like that. I had manual sex again and it didn't burn quite as much, but (and I'm not sure if this is the irritated skin near the hood, or the pimples) it did start to be uncomfortable after some time, particularly when fingers might rub up against the general area, and I asked my partner to stop. It burned a little when I urinated directly after, but not any time after that. 

Additionally, I'm not entirely sure if my discharge was any different, mainly because I hadn't really started taking note until I started to feel uncomfortable. It seems to be quite thick and white, and some dried up bits on my underwear was a little yellow. Smelled a bit fishy but not sure if that's how it is regularly. 

I'm thinking of going to the doctor's to get this checked up but I've never really had to go for anything vagina related, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Also, I'd just like the peace of mind to know its harmless and not, say, herpes. 

Have you changed laundry detergents or fabric softener?

I would for the rest of the day and night let your vagina have fresh air no undies on.

Hi Nakednow,

I haven't changed laundry detergents or fabric softener. I'll sleep without undies on tonight, but I'm just wondering if the pimples will go away, or if they're just skin tags? They don't seem to be tender to touch any more but I'm still a bit paranoid about them.

Did you have a real good look at them with a hand held mirror?

Hi Nakednow,

Yes, as I mentioned in my (sorry, very long) post, I did look at it and continued to check up on it throughout the weeks. I've done my best to describe what I see in the post, but of course there's only so much I can see with a handheld mirror.

I slept without undies last night and I'm not sure if it helped particularly or not. The pimple-like things are still there, and there doesn't seem to be any change in feeling (as I mentioned, it hasn't been regularly irritating for a while now). The skin under the clit seems to still be a tiny bit red, but it doesn't hurt particularly badly.

Also, noticed that the pimples might be on the labia majora instead of minora.

Have you noticed hair growing through the pimples if not you might have ingrown hairs stuck.

I haven't noticed any hair, but I don't really recall there having been any hair growing in the region previously.

I think it is on the labia majora but its on the inside, i.e. I have to peel skin back a bit to reveal the pimples.

The pimples so they have white heads on them? Have you squeezes one of them to pop what is inside them?

I've been checking up on them regularly with a handheld mirror but there isn't much magnification to the mirror, so I can't really tell that clearly. But I do think they are a bit white-tipped?

I haven't squeezed them or popped them, I don't think that'd be a particularly good idea?

I'm not entirely sure that they're pimples, since it's been over a month and they haven't gone away. I'm just referring to them as pimples because it seems to be the most apt way of describing them (I've looked at some of the other conditions and it doesn't seem to look like any of those), just to clarify.

My suggestion is to have a doctor take a look for sure.

It's not the best time for me to go to the doctor for these few days, I'm definitely planning on going, probably sometime next week, but for now I just want to know if it's something I should be mindful of? And if there's anything I should be doing.