45-year old male. A few weeks back I noticed a red and inflamed pimple-like bump (possibly a pimple) on the very bottom area of my scrotum. It stayed red and tender for a few days and eventually became much less irritated and much less red. Now, several weeks later, it's still there, still looking simliar to a pimple, but not as bad as it did the first days. I guess my main reason for posting is to relieve my mind that this isn't a cancerous cyst or lump. It doesn't go deep beneath the skin, it is the size of a pimple, it might be a pimple. Would a cancerous bump or lump or lesion be similar to this? Anybody want to ease my mind or have me race to the doc to get it looked at? Thanks for reading and for any replies.

I haven't had any sexual relations in some time, so an STD is out of the question unless my hand gave it to me.

I doubt it's cancer. Testicular cancer is a hard lump inside the scrotum that is on the testicle itself. You would touch the testicle and you'd feel the lump on it - and it would be hard and painless (for the most part). It could be an infection, like a pimple or a cyst, but you need a medical professional to examine it and come to a proper diagnosis. My question would be, how come you've waited so long and have not seen a doctor?

Well, it so looked like a pimple and acted like a pimple that I assumed it was just a pimple (still a possibility). Now that a few weeks have passed and it's still there (though looking much better), I'm thinking I'll get it looked at. As luck would have it, I have a dermatologist appointment in about a week. Thanks for your reply.